What's the Big Deal With Staying On Property Anyway? *Goodbyes* 12/17 p.114
Before the title of my trip report starts a huge debate, let me explain.
This was our third trip to Disney World in three years. On our first trip, we stayed at Shades of Green. While technically ON property, it is not a Disney resort and didn't really have the Disney feeling (at least to me). Basically, there were no towel animals. :sad1: But, the rooms were large and you couldn't beat the price. :thumbsup2
Our second trip took us completely off property to Windsor Hills. We LOVED staying there! So much space to move around, a splash pool all our own, and a quick and easy drive to the parks. :cool1: (Here's the link to my first PTR/TR - "Our 2nd Trip to Disney! Did It Measure Up?")
So - I asked myself - what was the big deal about staying on Disney property??? :confused3
This last trip was spur of the moment thanks to some great deals offered to military families by Disney. We were able to purchase our tickets at a great price and they gave us 40% off our room. That pretty much settled it for me - it was time to try staying on property and find out what all of the hoopla was about for ourselves! :idea:
I'm going to keep the introductions simple. Most of you already know us, but if you don't and would like to find out more, feel free to read my PTR (do not be thrown by the word "camping" in the title :rolleyes1 ).
Me - Carissa - turned 35 on the trip
DH - Chuck - already 35 (he he he) and getting ready to do his first tour on board a ship
Sullivan - 8 - my thrill rider
Owen - 6 - the one I can always count on to pose with characters
Connor - 4 - my shy one
Stitch - our visitor for this trip (you can find out more about why he's with us in my PTR)
We left Maryland on Friday, March 27th and returned home on Sunday, April 5th. Our plan was to stay at Port Orleans Riverside for seven nights. We were getting the five day basic park tickets and also taking advantage of the free entry to Sea World.
Now that all of that business is out of the way, we can get on to the trip! But, I'm afraid that will have to wait a bit longer. We just got home yesterday and I have lots to do to get caught up on life. I'm sure y'all understand. :rolleyes1
By the way, for those who may be new (please say "hi" as I love to hear from everyone!), my husband just received orders on board his first ship. He'll be leaving us at the end of next month for four months of school in Florida. The boys and I will most likely be moving to the Virginia Beach area sometime in June. And then Chuck will begin his tour on an aircraft carrier in September. I am sure this TR (if I can drag it out long enough :rotfl: ) will have mini-TRs about all of that. If you care to skip over non-Disney stuff, I always have links to installments right here on the main page.
Now, let's get this trip report started...
1) Day 1 - Part 1 - Let the Driving Begin!
2) Moving Update
3) Part 2 - Are We a Magnet for Tornadoes or What???
4) Part 3 - What Did Pedro Call Me???
5) Day 2 - Part 1 - It Cost $1.00 to Pee??
6) So Long, Stitch!
7) Part 2 - "I Swear I Wasn't Running Off Without Paying!"
8) Part 3 - Renovations Anyone?
9) Day 3 - Part 1 - Did Toy Story Mania Live Up to the Hype?
10) Part 2 - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - Was I Brave Enought to Ride It?
11) A Moving Update and Mini TR
12) Part 3 - Look Out!! It's the Amazing Collosal Man!!
13) Part 4 - Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!
14) Part 5 - Our First Towel...Creation?
15) Day 4 - Part 1 - A Stitch Kind of Day
16) Part 2 - Will We Lose Stitch Forever??
17) Part 3 - Haunted Mansion or Space Mountain - Which is Scarier?
18) Part 4 - A Birthday Surprise
19) Part 5 - My Birthday Dinner at Kona
20) Moving Update - Getting Close!
21) Part 6 - The Boys Make Friends with the Help of Glow Sticks
22) Day 5 - Part 1 - A Migraine, Laundry, and a Surrey Ride - Oh My!
23) Part 2 - Can Doing the Hokey Pokey Make You Sick?
24) Part 3 - Take a Walk With Me
25) Part 4 - Take a Walk With Me
26) Part 5 - More Walk Pictures and A Ride in the Rain
27) Day 6 - Part 1 - Taking Time to Smell the "Roses"
28) Part 2 - First Class Passengers
29) Part 3 - It's Fun to Trick the Ones We Love
30) Part 4 - How Did We Get to British Columbia?
31) Part 5 - A Huge Disappointment and Pooh is Caught Flirting
32) Part 6 - Kim Possible Turns Out to Be Impossible
33) Day 7 - Part 1 - Kilimanjaro Safaris Comes to a Stand Still
34) Part 2 - Happy Birthday to Me...Again?
35) Part 3 - Tree of Life - Up Close and Personal
36) Part 4 - Photopass for One and Front Row Seats
37) Part 5 - A T-Rex Review
39) Day 8 - Part 1 - Sea World in the Rain
40) End of Summer Update
41) Part 2 - Walk Like a Penguin
42) Part 3 - Love for Shamu
43) Day 9 - Part 1 - Breakfast with Stitch
44) Part 2 - Where We Learn About Stitch's Girlfriend
45) Part 3 - Our Last Moments at the World
46) Part 4 - Fill Yo' Trunque with Pedro's Junque!
47) A Life Update
48) Final Thoughts - Part 1
49) Mini TR - Colonial Williamsburg
Ok..so you just got back and have lots to do....so WHAT!!!!!???? :laughing:
What a tease! :lmao:
On the edge of my seat waiting for more! popcorn:: So glad you're back!
Here and waiting patiently. :cutie:
Dh was on an aircraft carrier when he was in the Navy many, many moons ago. He was stationed in Norfolk, also.
Yeay, a new TR from Carissa to enjoy over morning coffee!!! :woohoo:
I guess I didn't realize that we were so close to the same age -- I will turn 35 in November -- 1974 was a good year. ;)
:wave: Welcome Back!! :wave:
I'm here and ready to get this "Party" started
HI! Subbing to your TR. I am also 35 with three kids-but mine are all girls! princess:princess:princess:
I live in VA-not too far from Va Beach. The good news is that Va Beach still has a Disney Store! I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can about our area. Since I am on the other side of the water I don't know tons about Va Beach in particular, but I know lots about Hampton Roads in general since I've lived here my whole life.
Welcome back!! :grouphug: Hope you had a wonderful time - your whole family definitely deserved a vacation before your husband leaves. Am anxious to read all about it and see lots of pics!
Welcome home!!!! Can't wait to hear all the details!:goodvibes
So what did you miss this post??????????????????
Let's get going!!!!!!!
You don't have to have clean clothes :laundy: right now do you?:confused3
Who did you think was older?? :confused3
I'm trying to pace myself! Remember?? 15 days for my last TR?? I know some of you would be happy if I threw it all out there right away, but others get upset if I go to fast. :rolleyes1 I have about 1,000 pictures to upload to Photobucket! :scared:
I came to the party and I brought a...........
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.