The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   a GRAND family trip! End of May, Grand Floridian RPC Deluxe dining (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2139581)

heatherlynn444 04-04-2009 09:20 AM

a GRAND family trip! End of May, Grand Floridian RPC Deluxe dining
 
Ok SO I am finally starting this, and we leave in less than two months!

So this is how it started. My wonderful father FORGOT his and my mom's wedding anniversary last May. Yes, after 31 years of marraige, he forgot. SO, least to say he wa sin the doghouse big time.
A few months pass and DH and I go on our September trip. Upon returning home, I must plan another trip (this is just what I do people!) So, in my scheming, I figured out a way for my dad to get out of the doghouse. They could come with us for a big fun trip this summer. They were all for it. Then we decided to invite my non vacation going sister and her DH. They are homebodies, so I am suprised the every agreed. they started out just going 3 nights but changed it to 4. my parents are going 5, and we are going 7. (we booked the 4 nights 3 free so said "why not")

So here is our cast
DD :eeyore:(this will be "disney dad" and NOT disney daughter in my trip report!) he will be 54 this month. Him and I share the same quick wit and sense of humor. He is very impatient though and does not like to wait in lines. He owns his own business and I am surprised he is coming for 5 nights!

DM ::MinnieMo (disney mom) is 53. She is a Christmas baby, and likes to tell everone her entire life story. She never meets a stranger. She is one of those sickningly sweet people who never gets mad and would give you the shirt off her back. She is very excited about this trip because well, she loves disney like me. and she isnt a complainer so my DD will complain about the lines enough for the both of them. my mom works for my dad and part time at TJ Maxx, where she promptly spends her entire paycheck :sad2:

DS :tigger:(disney sister) Just turned 26 this week. thinks she is Peter Pan and will never grow up. She is a literacy coach for public schools. She is one of those people you want to be on your side when there is a fight. a good word for her is "feisty". She is strong willed like my dad but not to great in the quick wit/common sense department. My DD likes to say she is on "tape delay" but we still claim her....most days. She doesn't get the disney obsession but is along for the ride.

DBIL pooh:(disney brother in Law) my sister husband, 30 years old. is a financial numbers guy (he's like Chandler on Friends, no one really knows what he does.) He hasn't been to Disney since he was ten and they *gasp* stayed off property. So he is in for a real treat. He is a mellow kinda guy who just goes with the flow. I am hoping to make an addict out of him but it will be a challenge.

DH :goofy: oh poor sickly, well, lets hope he doesnt get sickly! we have been good on the past two trips! DH will be 26 this summer. He is a recent law school grad and avid online gamer. I am thankful to be able to pull him off of world of war crack-- I mean warcraft to come to disney. The boy goes to eat. He LOVES to eat and would probably eat our dogs if there was no food left in the house. I am slowly but surley turning him into a disney freak and he is excited about this trip.

and then there is me.:tink:I will be 24 this summer. I teach 5th grade. It is exhausting but I can't see myself doing anything else. I have always loved disney, especially the princesses, and am an avid trip planner. half the fun for me is in the planning and the excitement leading up to the trip. I have already created my color coded spreadsheet for this trip if that gives you any indication of my loyalty to disney. I love volleyball and basketball and have coached both and I have recently taken up running and ran in my first 8k last weekend. I also love my two toy poodle babies, Sassy and Bella. They will be staying with their aunt and uncle and "cousin" dogs while we are gone. they came over last night for a play date and it went well! Anyway, so I am anxiously awaiting summer because, well, its summer and I get paid to not work, and because of my trip! Thanks for joining me on this experience! I will update as often as I can!

------------------------------------------
Ok, main details:
me and DH arrive day 1
DD and DM arrive day 2
DS and DBIL arrive day 3
the four of them leave on the same flight home on morning of day 6
DH and I leave day 8 after 7 nights.

we will be celebrating my parents anniversary (we will be there on the actual day) and DH's bday which we will miss by a couple days. close enough!

we have 3 standard rooms booked in the main building of the Grand Floridian, Royal Palm club. Everyone is on the dining plan, but DH and I are on the Deluxe plan.

I will update soon with more plans and our ADr's! but for now, here is a couple pics of all of us

this is us in disney in 1997? at tony's for dinner. I am rockin that hair wrap BTW.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...herdinsey2.jpg

here is us on Christmas
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...94061_3586.jpg

MiaBella05 04-04-2009 10:11 AM

popcorn:: Joining in, i can't wait for another Heather PTR/TR. I am leaving in a little over a month and i am so excited!! popcorn::

heatherlynn444 04-04-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaBella05 (Post 31169279)
popcorn:: Joining in, i can't wait for another Heather PTR/TR. I am leaving in a little over a month and i am so excited!! popcorn::

Thanks for joining! Where are yall staying?

jackdis 04-04-2009 10:39 AM

Here I am. Can't wait to hear all about this one!

By the way, what happened to "subscribe to thread" under thread tools??? Has it been moved?

Dreamfinder2 04-04-2009 11:06 AM

Hey, Heather! I'm intrigued by the mob you'll be traveling with. I've always felt like at Disney, the more the merrier ... but it does have its own challenges!

We'll be down there May 17 for a few days, so if there's any "recon" work we can do for y'all, let me know. We're meeting another couple from Jacksonville and their kids down there (I'm their former youth minister ... makes me feel like a real geezer), so we'll have a big party, too.

MelissaFromRI 04-04-2009 01:40 PM

I'm in :banana:
We're going just before you on May 16th and also staying GF RPC :cloud9:

heatherlynn444 04-04-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackdis (Post 31169626)
Here I am. Can't wait to hear all about this one!

By the way, what happened to "subscribe to thread" under thread tools??? Has it been moved?

I don't know, it's not there? interesting! glad you made it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreamfinder2 (Post 31169942)
Hey, Heather! I'm intrigued by the mob you'll be traveling with. I've always felt like at Disney, the more the merrier ... but it does have its own challenges!

We'll be down there May 17 for a few days, so if there's any "recon" work we can do for y'all, let me know. We're meeting another couple from Jacksonville and their kids down there (I'm their former youth minister ... makes me feel like a real geezer), so we'll have a big party, too.

aw that sounds like fun!!! This will be the first time the 6 of us have done anything together for more than a weekend so it will be interesting! I am excited though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelissaFromRI (Post 31171638)
I'm in :banana:
We're going just before you on May 16th and also staying GF RPC :cloud9:

yay! another GF lover. have a blast!

Tbelle1976 04-04-2009 09:36 PM

Can't wait to read more. I followed you entire dining review which was really good!

heatherlynn444 04-04-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbelle1976 (Post 31178050)
Can't wait to read more. I followed you entire dining review which was really good!

thanks for reading!



OH, I can also add we got a great deal on flights! $64.00 each way. I was really excited because now the prices are back up to over 100 dollars each way! I am hoping my ME tags come in the next couple of weeks!

KristinAnne 04-04-2009 10:00 PM

I'm joining in on your fun! That is a gorgeous Christmas tree you're standing in front of! Really nice family picture.

Girldreamer02 04-05-2009 12:18 PM

Joining in for another one of your trippies! Can't wait to hear all about it and excited to hear how it goes with a group of people. We have been trying to talk my sister and her fiance into coming to disney with us for over a year now. I know we're breaking them down. :rotfl2:Hopefully some day soon they'll say yes and go on a trip with us! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

heatherlynn444 04-05-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristinAnne (Post 31178462)
I'm joining in on your fun! That is a gorgeous Christmas tree you're standing in front of! Really nice family picture.

thanks! it's at my cousins mansion-- err..house haha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 (Post 31184975)
Joining in for another one of your trippies! Can't wait to hear all about it and excited to hear how it goes with a group of people. We have been trying to talk my sister and her fiance into coming to disney with us for over a year now. I know we're breaking them down. :rotfl2:Hopefully some day soon they'll say yes and go on a trip with us! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

welcome aboard! hope you get your family to go with you!

jwwi 04-05-2009 01:38 PM

I'm in too. I will be in FL for 10 days in May, but will be in Naples for my DD wedding, so close to Disney, but it will have to wait for another trip. I always love your food reports, and take on the world. Group travel sure does have it's challenges.

micandminforever 04-05-2009 04:15 PM

Joining in on the fun at the begining this time.

heatherlynn444 04-05-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwwi (Post 31186041)
I'm in too. I will be in FL for 10 days in May, but will be in Naples for my DD wedding, so close to Disney, but it will have to wait for another trip. I always love your food reports, and take on the world. Group travel sure does have it's challenges.

Oh I would hate to be s close but yet so far away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by micandminforever (Post 31188300)
Joining in on the fun at the begining this time.

thanks for coming over!

I am going to post my ADR's in a minute (or what I think they are. I haven't gotten a final copy back yet haha)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.