The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Hotel & Accommodations Reviews (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2088957)

dtripli 02-12-2009 02:24 PM

Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions
 

Hi - We are heading to Disney in early June and are spending our second week off property at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. We are mainly looking to relax and spend some quality time together after a busy week at the parks. My question is what building/area should I request to be close to the main pool/eating area etc.? Our children are 14, 12, 9 and 1 so location is important to us. Also do all of the villas have balconies? If not is this something I can request as well? My husband and I would love to be able to sit out with a glass of wine after the kids go to bed. We have a two bedroom villa. I really appreciate any advice you have to offer.:) :) :)

MiaSRN62 02-17-2009 07:44 AM

Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...SVO_RC_DIA_SVR


Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria

dtripli 02-17-2009 08:29 AM

Thank You
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 (Post 30329665)
Hi.....

All the villas have balconies or patios.

Some of the newer sections offer elevator buildings and are 4-5 stories high (Lakes and Cascades).

The ones that do not have elevators are either 2 or 3 stories high.

There are 7 pools. When you say the "main" pool, people see that in different ways. Some will say the newest Cascades has the main pool. Others would consider the older section with the Super pool as the main pool.
The Cascades and Lakes pools are zero depth entry pools with some fountains in them. The Fountains pool has a rock formation with a water fall. The older Falls pool has a slide.

So it just depends on what you want. I'd just request "close to pool" in your reservation. I suggest filling out the Diamond Lane online request form :

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...SVO_RC_DIA_SVR


Any other questions, please feel free to ask.......

Maria

Thanks so much Maria - for the request link as well - Now I just need to decide which pool is best for us. Zero entry is nice for the baby, but Im sure my "big Kids" would like the slide!

SWB 02-18-2009 08:41 AM

A few more questions
 
How big/fun is the slide?

Do they charge a parking fee?

Please explain the no housekeeping rate - do they have self service trash dump areas? Does the rate include them cleaning up when we check out?

bzzybee13 02-18-2009 03:57 PM

Room requests
 
I am curious if anyone has experience with this resort on whether or not they easily grant room requests? How about upgrades?

spiceycat 02-18-2009 04:02 PM

no parking fee
if you are exchanging they do a mid week cleaning with no charge.

the definitely do the room request - if they can. can't with RCI or II - you get what the reservation says.

don't about upgrades.

MiaSRN62 02-18-2009 05:04 PM

Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.

MiaSRN62 02-18-2009 05:05 PM

The one pool slide on property at the Falls section :

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...bf00000001.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a4...ac30000001.jpg

bzzybee13 02-22-2009 08:32 AM

Upgrade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 (Post 30362980)
Requests are hit or miss at Vistana. I have gotten my requests about 85% of the time though. I suggest putting your requests in the online form I provided and backing it up with a fax to the attention of the Vistana Room Controller : Fax 407 239 3111

Not sure what you mean by an "upgrade" bzzybee ? You have a 2 bedroom villa and there are no 3 bedrooms at Vistana.

Thanks for the info! I meant to a lockoff...

steelebug 03-06-2009 07:38 PM

Falls renovation??
 
Is it true that the Falls are being renovated?

MiaSRN62 03-07-2009 02:31 PM

yes it is steelbug.....Falls should be complete by the end of May of this year.........

Maria

alisonh 03-07-2009 03:11 PM

We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)

laceemouse 03-07-2009 03:31 PM

It is very close to Downtown Disney. I think they have shuttle buses, but we had a car. It is a nice resort!

MiaSRN62 03-08-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisonh (Post 30686669)
We are headed here in about 3 weeks. How far is it to Disney? Do we need to rent a car or is there a shuttle etc? We have never been to Disney and just traded our timeshare through II. Anything we should know? We will be just 3, dh and I along with ds(almost 3)

I highly recommend a car Alisonh. It's a 10-15 min drive to the parks. It's a 5 min drive to DD/Marketplace. There are shuttles but they are like $8/person/day. And the shuttle times are not the most convenient. It's much cheaper to rent a car. And the resort itself is very large and having a car to get around there is a benefit unto itself.

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.


Maria

Wendaeh 03-08-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 (Post 30699883)

Do you have a 1 or 2 bedroom reserved ? I suggest you fill out and submit the online Diamond Lane form that I posted the link to in a couple posts above. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting one since you are trading via II, but just in case, request a newly remodeled room or the Cascades section.


Maria

Maria -- how far in advance do you send in the diamond lane form? We're going on April 13th.

Thanks -
Wendy


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.