The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Welcome to the DIS (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Can you use a WDW tciket at Disneyland (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1409016)

jenseib 04-04-2007 10:08 AM

Can you use a WDW tciket at Disneyland

I may have the opportunity to go to CA this year. I have a few days left on an old WDW ticket with no expiration. Can those tickets be used at Disneyland? Or is that a whole different thing?

grumpy'svillainess 04-04-2007 01:48 PM

It's a whole different thing. They are on completely different ticketing sytems.

TheDisneyGirl02 04-04-2007 02:12 PM

Sadly tickets from WDW can't be used at DL. I had an annual pass from WDW when I went to DL in 2005 and I knew I couldn't use it there. You can get DL tickets at your local Disney Store though.

northernstar 04-04-2007 06:34 PM

According to Mousesavers, you can exchange WDW tickets for Disneyland tickets. This is taken from their Disneyland ticket FAQ. This will not work with annual passes.

Quote:

Using Walt Disney World Tickets at Disneyland

Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival -- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket. You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

The type of Disneyland ticket you will receive is based on the Walt Disney World ticket you present: if you have a Disney World ticket with the Hopper option, you will get a Disneyland Hopper that allows you to visit both parks in the same day; on the other hand, if the Disney World ticket had no Hopper option, you will get a one-day/one-park ticket and will have to pick which park to enter that day. This information was confirmed as of January 2007.

DisneyFanatik 04-04-2007 08:26 PM

Yes you can! I called DL tickets and reservations twice and both times the CM said that it can definitely be done! They have to be non expiring tickets and if you want to hop between DL and DCA on the same day they have to be WDW hoppers. Annual passes can not be used at DL.

grumpy'svillainess 04-05-2007 07:54 AM

Wow! Good to know...I had no idea. I had always been told it couldn't be done.

MikeS. 04-05-2007 02:54 PM

Would be sweet if you could use an AP at either park.

jessica52877 04-07-2007 04:18 AM

Yep, can be done! No AP's though as PP said. We had looked into it since we had so many days left and the cost of what we paid was comparable to the price they were charging.

VIKKIGZ 06-16-2008 02:27 AM

I've been looking for the answer to this question. I have called both parks and received different answers.

VIKKIGZ 06-16-2008 02:29 AM

Does anyone know if Universal Studios passes work the same way? I have an annual pass to Universal Orlando and would like to use it in California.

pickles 08-14-2008 09:12 AM

We got some one day tickets when we bought free dining last year.
Is it possible to use that and buy a 4 day ticket for Disneyland?

jenseib 08-14-2008 03:28 PM

From what I was told, you will need to trade that 1 day in for a Disneyland ticket. And then any additional tickets will be charged full price. You won;t be able to add on that ticket(at least the way I understood it)

drag n' fly 05-25-2009 08:07 PM

Can a adult pass be exchanged for a child use?

Metro West 05-26-2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIKKIGZ (Post 25698443)
Does anyone know if Universal Studios passes work the same way? I have an annual pass to Universal Orlando and would like to use it in California.

I don't think they are reciprocal but you might be able to use the AP for discount tickets in CA but not for admission.

DisCopper 05-26-2009 01:31 PM

Yes, you can do it. But it just depends on exactly what your original ticket is.

If you've got an older ticket, with unused days, and no expiration date, you should be able to use it at Disneyland. At least, they let me do it about a year ago.

I first went to the ticket sales booth, but was told to just bring it to the main gate. There, the ticket got handed off to various supervisors. In about 10 minutes, they brought me back a sparkling clean Disneyland ticket.