Waitlist and Point Allocation Question

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I have a pipe dream of sneaking down to WDW for my 50th birthday in October (yes, THIS October) but so far, I cannot get anyone to commit to going with me. I already have a trip booked for December so the birthday trip will be quick (2 days/3 nights) and no parks, except for MNSSHP, if it’s available.

On a whim, I waitlisted the 3 nights (Tu-We-Thu) in a tower studio at the Riviera. I am not too concerned about the “odds” of it coming through because I am not even 100% sure I will go…but if it comes through, my odds of going jump considerablypixiedust:.

Here’s my question…

I have some leftover BWV points (Oct UY) that were transferred in for my friend and I to use this year. If we end up with any leftovers, they will be banked and used for our trip next year. I also have all of my AKV (Feb UY) points and those are the ones I want to use for this reservation. I don’t know what order the waitlist would pick the points from, but if it fills and uses any of the BWV points, will I be able to have MS reallocate them to use the AKV points instead? Since the AKV points would be expiring first (Jan 31, 2025), I am assuming that those would be used first, correct?

I’m not holding my breath at all that this waitlist will fill. I just want to have my ducks in a row on the off-chance that it comes through. If plans solidify, I will book a room at SSR, which is the same number of points, and keep the waitlist, just in case.

Usually if the points are from a different use year, it's a different membership and they cannot change the points used for the room to the other membership once it is booked if it's under the BWV contract.

But since they are transferred points it may work since I think it's under your same membership now. May need an expert to confirm

I’ll jump on the back of this question as I have a similar situation… waitlist in which will require more points than the res it is replacing. I have multiple contracts in the same UY… how do MS know which contract to use? Do we need to call separately and have them note it on the waitlist?

I’ll jump on the back of this question as I have a similar situation… waitlist in which will require more points than the res it is replacing. I have multiple contracts in the same UY… how do MS know which contract to use? Do we need to call separately and have them note it on the waitlist?
If it's an 11 month home resort wait-list it will use whatever home resort points you have and use those that are expiring first.

If it's a 7 month reservation it doesn't ask you. But you can go in and modify it to use whatever points you have from that membership once a wait-list comes through. It does ask what contract you want to borrow from if needed.

So I'm your case it sounds like a 7 month. If the wait-list matches you can modify and use whichever points you want

Transferred points cant be used if any of your points are in a restricted status...banked or borrowed. It sounds like your AKV points, though are just current 2024 UY points.

If that is the case, then you can ask them to use them and not the BWV points....I would send an email to MS to have them note that on your waitlist request, just to be sure its clear.

If they didn't do it, and you are at least 31 days or more from the trip, then yes, they can reallocate without an issue.

Transferred points cant be used if any of your points are in a restricted status...banked or borrowed. It sounds like your AKV points, though are just current 2024 UY points.

If that is the case, then you can ask them to use them and not the BWV points....I would send an email to MS to have them note that on your waitlist request, just to be sure its clear.

If they didn't do it, and you are at least 31 days or more from the trip, then yes, they can reallocate without an issue.
The transferred points are current UY (Oct 2024) and they are unrestricted so they would be eligible for the booking if it comes through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter