The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

In the same picture on the right side are two bell pepper plants (left red, right green) and as you can see the red never really took off vertically even though it has 4 tennis ball size peppers growing under the leaves. So today, in case that red pepper in the bale doesn't reach its full potential, I went to Home Depot and got another red bell pepper, a backup plant if you will, which has more of that verticality like its green neighbor to the right.

I did pick that one little red tomato and right behind it (in that cluster of 4) is another one ripening a partial red as of today. We are 5 weeks in since I put these plants out in my driveway.

ED
Last year I read about Epsom Salt spray for pepper plants. I had the biggest plants and best crop ever.

Last year I read about Epsom Salt spray for pepper plants. I had the biggest plants and best crop ever.

My father told me about ES for my tomato blossom end rot, Denise, but I researched it and the research said that it was just a folk tale.

But if you got the results you did on the peppers (which I had not heard of), who's to argue with it?

Can't hurt to try it I guess.

Last edited:
@team bradfield That is a heck of a kit. I will heave to look at it a bit more. Do you use it for just final rinse or full wash?

Thanks to the weather slowed down my progress on the shed. I have much of the trim up, just have one set of doors that need some rotten wood removed and replaced before I put the trim up. Then I can finish up the rest of the project.

Puzzle hanging project has stalled. Seems the weeks leading to graduation and having back to back gymnastics meets for our youngest leaves very little time for us to work on it when everything about the project needs 2 people due the size of each puzzle. We will get it hung, just maybe not before the party.

@team bradfield That is a heck of a kit. I will heave to look at it a bit more. Do you use it for just final rinse or full wash?

Thanks to the weather slowed down my progress on the shed. I have much of the trim up, just have one set of doors that need some rotten wood removed and replaced before I put the trim up. Then I can finish up the rest of the project.

Puzzle hanging project has stalled. Seems the weeks leading to graduation and having back to back gymnastics meets for our youngest leaves very little time for us to work on it when everything about the project needs 2 people due the size of each puzzle. We will get it hung, just maybe not before the party.
Final rinse only

Ok so yesterday, I was thinking about my back steps. They were all cracked, and i have been pondering redoing them. I was going to make a bigger platform, maybe take out the back windows and put in a slider , then close up the existing door. But, I got lazy, so I just ripped off the rotten steps and platforms shored it up and replaced the steps. When the wood dryes it will get painted. So by spending 2 hundred I saved 10 or 15 k. Its good enough. Lol. 20240516_100619.jpg20240516_144314.jpg20240516_144322.jpg20240516_144342.jpg

Ok so yesterday, I was thinking about my back steps. They were all cracked, and i have been pondering redoing them. I was going to make a bigger platform, maybe take out the back windows and put in a slider , then close up the existing door. But, I got lazy, so I just ripped off the rotten steps and platforms shored it up and replaced the steps. When the wood dryes it will get painted. So by spending 2 hundred I saved 10 or 15 k. Its good enough. Lol. View attachment 859849View attachment 859850View attachment 859851View attachment 859852

Works for me, Spencer. :thumbsup2 ED

Nice job Spencer.

You need to be careful though. Those little "stair" projects have a way of turning into a much bigger project.

This was the outcome of me wanting to put stairs off the back of my porch.

How it started: It had a storm door and cheap old storm windows and only a side door when I bought the house.

20151106_160341.jpg

Adding some stairs turned into this:

20180605_163615.jpg

That 100+ year old brick footing holding up the whole corner of the house was cracked and crumbling.

20180930_160832.jpg

20181014_161828.jpg

20181028_181334.jpg

And ended up with this: Insulated, double pane windows, heated in the winter.

20240516_183942.jpg

j

Thats exactly what I was getting at, and while I can do it. And it would be an improvement. For us its not worth it. Was going to do a wrap around deck to the hot tub, new stairs, door ,etc. I can afford it, and do the work. But I let it sit a bit and took the easy way out. Lol. Score one for me....
Yours does look great and compliments the home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter