slo’s THURSDAY 5/2 poll - Tomatoes 🍅

Tomatoes - What types do you buy? (m.c.)

• Roma

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Snacking

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Beefsteak

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • On-the-vine

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Campari

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Globe

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Heirloom

Votes: 30 32.3%
  • I don’t buy tomatoes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 14 15.1%

• Total voters
I like tomatoes, but only buy them when we are having hamburgers and a tomato slice is a must. DH and I have found our old age aches and pains are greatly relieved when we avoid nightshade plants — tomatoes, eggplant, etc.

I never buy tomatoes. DH does fairly often for his salads, but I RARELY have one, maybe on a hamburger every so often. I never them in salad, or on a sandwich. I don't generally care of them, but homegrown or something from a local grower is more tolerable. I do very much like cooked tomatoes (which DH does not.) but don't make a lot of recipes with them any more.

Nice sliced on the vine tomatoes or herilom with red onion and basil with mozzarella in a salad or using the mozzarella like a burger in a sandwich, some balsamic glaze or Kens balsamic dressing, yum.

Fresh roma sauted with garlic until you get a nice fresh tomato sauce.

Little round tomatoes just as a snack.

A nice bruschetta on rounds on crusty browned garlic bread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter