Questions for Northerners by Southerners or vice-versa in the USA?

We have frequent tornado warnings but in December of 2021, we had an EF-4 long-track tornado that was on the ground for over 165 miles.

The Western Kentucky tornado directly killed 57 people and resulted in 519 injuries. The toll makes it the deadliest tornado ever recorded in the United States in the month of December, in addition to being the deadliest tornado since 2011.

We sheltered in our basement, not knowing what we would come out to since the news said it was right over us. Since then, I have been much more fearful! It ended up hitting less than 5 miles from our house on our road.

Southerners, please explain the classic "bless their heart" phrase. Also, on a scale of one to ten, how much do you enjoy country music?

Southerners, please explain the classic "bless their heart" phrase. Also, on a scale of one to ten, how much do you enjoy country music?
Bless your heart has double meanings:
It can meant as a phrase to throw shade usually said when someone is saying something stupid.
Or it can be words of care, someone says they have been going through a lot, bless your heart can be said as a empathetic statement.

Country music:
I enjoy mostly old school country but Indo love me some Kane Brown, Luke Bryan and some others. But I was also raised to enjoy different genres as well.

Yeah, "Bless your heart" is uaully said with a bit of pity. It might be because of something bad that happened, like a death in the family, but mostly it's because the subject person has created a bad situation on their own or, as said above, just said something stupid. It still rings with pity, just for a different reason.

I don't much care for country music at all. Memphis is more of a Rock'n'Roll and Blues town though. Country is popular though, though it becomes moreso as you move toward Nashville/East TN. I do like some older country, Johnny Cash and Dolly of course. I was never into the more modern stuff though.

Bless your heart usually is used when someone does something stupid more than a comforting saying, at least when I was in the South.
I love country music, but not much of the New country. To me they all sound a like. One exception is the great Chris Stapleton who is fantastic:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter