Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Let’s just say, ugh. 3 and 1/2 hour delay on way down, 5 days later, a 4 hour delay on the way back. Was to arrive at 7:30 pm home, which would have been nice, but no, arrived at 11:45pm, and by the time luggage came out, after midnight. We live an hour and about 10 or so minutes less when that after midnight ride, and my alarm for work went off at 4:30 am. Little to say, I did not get much sleep today.

I am really hoping SW gives some credit for those delays. So far nothing.
What was the reason for the delay(s)?

Red, I think even with bad weather not at either airport, crew must have been delayed for weather, as not allowing crew to be available. The plane sat at the gate for over 10 hours waiting for all its crew.

We waited to board way past the time said on SW’s website, due to 1 crew not there until over an hour past the time we said would be boarding.

The boarding area was jammed with people, as we were not the only flight delayed, and thankfully, not cancelled as we overheard a person complain about his flight being cancelled.

Let’s just say, ugh. 3 and 1/2 hour delay on way down, 5 days later, a 4 hour delay on the way back. Was to arrive at 7:30 pm home, which would have been nice, but no, arrived at 11:45pm, and by the time luggage came out, after midnight. We live an hour and about 10 or so minutes less when that after midnight ride, and my alarm for work went off at 4:30 am. Little to say, I did not get much sleep today.

That sounds miserable, and not too dissimilar from our last trip. I'd be really surprised if you are given a credit or other compensation though.

I hope that the rest of your vacation was wonderful!

At MCO now with a delayed flight home. Was supposed to leave at 7:55 and since we had a ride scheduled to airport and were in fact in the car when I got the first delay notification we have been here for hours. Currently supposed to leave at 11:43pm and arrive home airport at 2am and won’t get to my house until 3:30 (hopefully). Still concerned about flight crew hours and afraid it will be cancelled. It is all due to weather in Texas and FAA delays (according to what they said here). None of that gives any compensation. I just want to fly out tonight.
As to the December flight changes I got an email about my flight to Orlando changing. It changed by 5 minutes but still same flight number and direct so not an issue. I noticed my flight home is a bit later but again not much of a change although it did change flight numbers. Not notified about that one.

I didn't get any notification about my flight to Minnesota for Christmas changing but this morning, I got an email about flight back to NC changing. I wish I understood why it is always so random with Southwest. Sometimes you get a notification, sometimes you don't.

That sounds miserable, and not too dissimilar from our last trip. I'd be really surprised if you are given a credit or other compensation though.

I hope that the rest of your vacation was wonderful!
That's what I was going to say. If it was weather related, then there's probably no credit/compensation coming. (Even though I agree it probably was miserable).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter