One day in Magic Kingdom

CamillaF

Mouseketeer
I am trying to figure out if one day in magic kingdom is enough or if we should park hop on multiple days. I am going with my Twin daughters the first week of November, so fingers crossed the crowds will not be 10/10. We are staying at Animal Kingdom lodge (we qualify for extended hours) for their 9th birthday and they have the stamina to go open to close. I have purchased Genie + for the entire trip. My plan is to Rope drop and then stay for the extended hours. Will this be enough time to do everything once? Or should I plan on park hopping?

Everythng, inclding all parades, shows, meet and greets, and every attraction at MK? Probably not. Unless the lines are insanely short. I go pretty quickly at MK from open to close and have never come close to seeing and doing everything

We did 3 days (from about 11am to close) there on our most recent trip in may and still didn’t get to do absolutely everything. There’s a lot to see and do, whatever you miss will give you something to look forward to on the next trip!

We don’t go on roller coasters or anything with a drop and usually allow 2 days for MK including mostly TS lunches and dinners with FP now Genie+ and do not get to see everything we want.

How many days is your trip?

If planning to hit each park more than 1 day, we try to schedule the 2nd time after the day(s) that have some advantage. Like next trip we have EEH at Epcot and MNSSHP at MK so arranged our park days to return once more. That way at the party and EEH we can just focus on getting plenty of stuff done knowing our return visit can fill any gaps or wishful repeats. Less stressful than the reverse where we’re wondering what to save for the party/EEH and keep trying to figure out what‘d work best.

We’re going for 4 days. Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday (Tuesday is a rest day.) After all of your advice I am going to rope drop MK on Sunday and hop to animal kingdom mid day. That leaves me with a full day from open to extended hours on Wednesday and I think we can get in all our priorities. The other two days we are hopping between Hollywood and Epcot.

Watch the youtube video Disney Genie Plus Strategy, Tips & Tricks for Magic Kingdom at Disney World by Ears Scouts. He gets every Genie+ in one day. Follow is routine and you may be able to do everything. Also see if that's the kind of day you want to have. My personal opinion is that MK is a day and a half park with kids. Extended Deluxe hours will be your friend, though. It will be an almost walk-on for everything except Mine Train and Space. This will make up for your mid-day break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter