***Official January 2025 Thread***

Hello! We are visiting WDW in January 2025 during the Marathon Weekend. So excited!! Does anyone have any advice for visiting Hollywood Studios on Saturday - Half Marathon day. Should we avoid this park due to transportation - (we will be using WDW buses)? Will it be crowded/ slammed? Will part of the park be closed for the races event? We are non-runners, but are looking forward to supporting those brave enough to be a part of the Marathon races. My son has his heart set on HS on Saturday...but worried that this might not be a good idea. Advice is greatly appreciated. The last time we visited was 10+ years ago in January, but well after the races.
I believe course maps are released later in the fall, so exact routes are not currently known and can change up until race day. For example, last year, the half marathon originally involved 13 miles through Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but the route was then cut in half due to bad weather.

The race is scheduled to start at 5am, so runners will be mostly through any park by official opening time (not counting Early Entry). I would suggest being on the first bus to the parks (the bus for regular resort guests, not registered race guests). I suspect Saturday at Hollywood Studios should be fine, but it will be some time before hours, courses, and details are released.

For more information, please feel free to follow along on the Marathon 2025 thread (it will be a lot of chatter until closer to the race).

ETA: If you would like me to add you to the roll call on the first page, just let me know when and where you will be staying!

I believe course maps are released later in the fall, so exact routes are not currently known and can change up until race day. For example, last year, the half marathon originally involved 13 miles through Magic Kingdom and Epcot, but the route was then cut in half due to bad weather.

The race is scheduled to start at 5am, so runners will be mostly through any park by official opening time (not counting Early Entry). I would suggest being on the first bus to the parks (the bus for regular resort guests, not registered race guests). I suspect Saturday at Hollywood Studios should be fine, but it will be some time before hours, courses, and details are released.

For more information, please feel free to follow along on the Marathon 2025 thread (it will be a lot of chatter until closer to the race).

ETA: If you would like me to add you to the roll call on the first page, just let me know when and where you will be staying!
Thank you so much for the info. Will def watch the Marathon 2025 thread! Port Orleans Riverside - January 6-16! :)

I have officially booked the last of our accommodation!

Mon 27 Jan - Fri 31 Jan: Poly - lake view studio
Fri 31 Jan - Fri 7 Feb: BLT - standard view studio
Fri 7 Feb - Mon 10 Feb: AKV (Jambo) - savanna view studio

So excited for all our resort choices :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter