is there a better chance in Jan vs Aug?

luvmyfam444

DIS Veteran
we are just beginning to look into this program....I see most of these threads are old so I'm looking for the most current info.

Would love any tips on how to get admited...

Hi there! No better chance of getting accepted for the spring program versus the fall program, but definitely recommend applying sooner rather than later when they announce applications are opening. Interviews and acceptances are distributed on a rolling basis, so the sooner you interview, theoretically the larger your chances of being accepted are.

Why do you/the applicant want to do the program? Have any previous work experience? Ever lived away from your parents? Ever handled a conflict between roommates? These are the most important questions recruiters want answers to, IMO, so my best tip is to be prepared to talk about your experience living on campus, working in previous job environments, and of course: why you want to do the program :)

My DD found sample DCP interview questions online and practiced those before she had her phone interview last fall. Just answer questions honestly and be willing to work in any role they put you in. The application lets you choose preferences for roles, but my DD got QS which she didn't choose, but is fine with, she'd rather do that than custodial. They did put her in her favorite park though.. favorite park was one of the interview questions.

When to apply--pick a time you can commit to --its 4-7 mths, with specific start/end dates you can choose from. If you're rejected, you can apply again the next season. If you're going to work in the Fall, you WILL be there thru the holidays, they don't have end dates in December. So if being home for Thanksgiving/Christmas/etc is important, apply for the Spring session.. applications come out in the Fall.

They all had good advice.

My daughter and 4 of her friends/acquaintances from college all applied in January/Feb. All of them got accepted. Some are starting in the summer. She is starting Sept 2 and working through Jan 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter