Epcot and Hollywood Studios on same day- genie+ strategy

princesslover

DIS Veteran
I know this is not ideal but hoping to make it work for an upcoming 3 day trip due to limited time. We are staying at BWV so should make it easier. Dates are December so busy time. (What isn’t these days?)

Thinking of Epcot in the morning. RD Remy. Taking a break at resort, going to DHS around 5:00-8:00 for dinner and a couple of rides (if we can stack some genie+), then maybe back to catch Epcot fireworks.

How would you strategize genie+? We know we won’t be able to get to all the headliners. Favorites would be Test Track, Slinky, TOT and potentially MMRR or TSM.

I know this is not ideal but hoping to make it work for an upcoming 3 day trip due to limited time. We are staying at BWV so should make it easier. Dates are December so busy time. (What isn’t these days?)

Thinking of Epcot in the morning. RD Remy. Taking a break at resort, going to DHS around 5:00-8:00 for dinner and a couple of rides (if we can stack some genie+), then maybe back to catch Epcot fireworks.

How would you strategize genie+? We know we won’t be able to get to all the headliners. Favorites would be Test Track, Slinky, TOT and potentially MMRR or TSM.
I would try to get SDD for the evening right at 7 AM since it is the one most likely to book up quickly. Then try for an evening G+ for TOT two hours after HS opens, because it's second on your list. You could continue stacking MMRR and TSM after that, choosing whichever one fits with the other 2 G+ selections and your dinner plans. I think it would be difficult to fit 4 attractions plus dinner into the 5:00-8:00 time period that you have allotted for HS...especially if the G+ selections have you crisscrossing between areas if the park multiple times. Even 3 will be hard to work in. I would do TT standby or single rider immediately after Remi.

I would try to get SDD for the evening right at 7 AM since it is the one most likely to book up quickly. Then try for an evening G+ for TOT two hours after HS opens, because it's second on your list. You could continue stacking MMRR and TSM after that, choosing whichever one fits with the other 2 G+ selections and your dinner plans. I think it would be difficult to fit 4 attractions plus dinner into the 5:00-8:00 time period that you have allotted for HS...especially if the G+ selections have you crisscrossing between areas if the park multiple times. Even 3 will be hard to work in. I would do TT standby or single rider immediately after Remi.
Thank you. The timing I mentioned is tentative. If we get done Epcot by noon, we could go to HS by 4:00. I’m just planning a solid 3 hour break. Epcot is one of those parks where it’s hard to plan your time because of how spread out.

It seems like it’s best to reserve all the genie+ for DHS. I was thinking of having my 2nd be test track (after Slinky) but looking this morning it’s already out to 4:00 pm at 8:40 in the morning.

I would wait to start planning until the bonus LL rides expiration date occurs on August 7th. We aren’t sure if they will remain or if they will actually revert back to paid ILL.

To your point, I comfortably used G+ when hopping from Epcot to DHS, so it is possible. While I didn’t ride everything or see any shows, I rode my favorites and was able to get back to Epcot in time for my 1PM virtual queue on GOTG and see Harmonious. SDD was my second LL pick after Remy’s, but I was also traveling that morning and didn’t mind having a 2-hour cooldown before picking my third LL. I also used G+ to park hop from Epcot to Magic Kingdom.

I would say if you can get a LL for your first park before the two hour window hits, you’ll probably have a better time using G+ overall because return times inch forward slower, you can better strategize your day, and you may have more options for more immediate lower tier LLs. For me this weekend, picking Frozen first at 7AM put me within that window, and I got way more LLs than on my trips in Jan and March 2022.

That’s a good point about choosing a time before the two hour window. Soarin might be another possibility for that purpose. If we want Slinky, it could be risky. Right now you can still get Slinky for 7:35 though which seems unusual. (It’s almost 10:00 ET).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter