Embarkation day shopping UK sailing

PowerlineRoxy

Earning My Ears
Hi, we’re doing our first Disney cruise in August departing from Southampton. There are a few souvenirs we definitely want to get on the first day as apparently things sell out super fast.

In preparation I have a few questions I hope people can help me with:
  • How early should I start queuing for the shop to open?
  • I know the Spirit jerseys and Loungefly bags sell out on the first day but do the Pandora charms normally last until later in the cruise? I don’t want to browse, just grab our wish list items and go so the more I can leave to later, the better!
  • We have late dining so will be in the early show seating, if I think that gives me a 30 min window to get in and out. My intention is to send the family to the theatre and try to catch up. But if I’m late will they let me enter and sit in the back somewhere on my own to catch what I can of the show? I wouldn’t want to disturb anyone.
Any advice from those who did a UK sailing would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

• How early should I start queuing for the shop to open?
  • I know the Spirit jerseys and Loungefly bags sell out on the first day but do the Pandora charms normally last until later in the cruise? I don’t want to browse, just grab our wish list items and go so the more I can leave to later, the bette
  • We have late dining so will be in the early show seating, if I think that gives me a 30 min window to get in and out. My intention is to send the family to the theatre and try to catch up. But if I’m late will they let me enter and sit in the back somewhere on my own to catch what I can of the show? I wouldn’t want to disturb anyone

I did the 4 day sailing Southampton to Bilbao Spain in 2023, you can read my trip report here https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-cruise-2023-complete-final-thoughts.3929341/

People started queuing outside the shops as soon as the Muster Drill ended. The shops opened at 6pm and it was chaos.

I am also on the 5 night Spain cruise to Vigo and La Coruna and I have a pre trip report here, with information about Southampton here https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...uise-from-southampton-vigo-la-coruña.3932539/

We’re on the Vigo sailing too!
Yikes, ok at least I can manage my expectations 😂.
My son wants a captain Mickey and I’d like a ship spirit jersey and a sail specific pin. I have seen a second hand Mickey with a tag on for around the same price as onboard so I might get that and at least he won’t be disappointed. I hate real life shopping at the best of times!

I’ll check out your report on last years sailing to get a better idea of everything. Thank you!

We’re on the Vigo sailing too!
Yikes, ok at least I can manage my expectations 😂.
My son wants a captain Mickey and I’d like a ship spirit jersey and a sail specific pin. I have seen a second hand Mickey with a tag on for around the same price as onboard so I might get that and at least he won’t be disappointed. I hate real life shopping at the best of times!

I’ll check out your report on last years sailing to get a better idea of everything. Thank you!
Oh cool, come join my thread :)

Honestly last year Disney totally underestimated so much about the crowd patterns for last years sailings. The majority of passengers on the Southampton sailings are UK people, and the merchandise is very high demand.

I had main dining last year and got to the shops around 7.15pm, just in that sweet spot before the Golden Mickeys ended and most people were still in the MDR. All the white Dream Spirit Jerseys were gone, as were most of the Loungefly bags and Dream Ears. They had a specific Disney Dream of Europe merch range so I got the spirit jersey and a pin. They did restock the Dream Ears and I got one of them a few days later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter