Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are considering staying at CBR in December. Does anyone know where the preferred rooms are located?

Jamaica was also a great area to stay in, we were in block 46 we had a fifth sleeper in our room as well. Close to both ends of the skyliners, along with a short walk across the island to the big pool and restaurant. After averaging 30k steps in a day, room location needs to be a wise choice.

We are considering staying at CBR in December. Does anyone know where the preferred rooms are located?
As @jennab said, Preferred rooms are in Martinique and Barbados. Just wanted to point out that the standard rooms in Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 are actually closer to the Main Feature pool and food court than some of the Preferred rooms. And those locations are much closer to the Skyliner than any Preferred room. Also, if you book a King room you could be in any building except the ones in Trinidad, there is no King Preferred room type.

When we arrive in a week or two, it seems it is going to be hot, as in straight up heat stroke hot!

On our MK day, since it is so much farther from CBR, and I felt like we would waste so much time transporting, I was not planning to do a mid-day break. Instead, I was planning to take monorail over to Poly (my favorite resort), have a leisurely lunch, shop, relax, maybe have a Pineapple Lanai / Tiki Terrace break. Then monorail back to finish our MK night.
Park will be open until 10 pm. We also plan to *try* to rope drop or get in early enough to beat some of the heat.

On all of our other park days, I am planning a mid day break.
However, I am now wondering if I should plan a break for MK too.
I'm not opposed to taking a Lyft. It's hard to tell the prices but right now looking like $15 or so.

What should I do??? Has anyone done a mid day break from MK and how much time do you use up?

Note, we've been in 2022 and 2023 so I don't have the pressure to do and see every single thing. There are so many things that I love in MK though, I just want to make good use of our time.

When we arrive in a week or two, it seems it is going to be hot, as in straight up heat stroke hot!

On our MK day, since it is so much farther from CBR, and I felt like we would waste so much time transporting, I was not planning to do a mid-day break. Instead, I was planning to take monorail over to Poly (my favorite resort), have a leisurely lunch, shop, relax, maybe have a Pineapple Lanai / Tiki Terrace break. Then monorail back to finish our MK night.
Park will be open until 10 pm. We also plan to *try* to rope drop or get in early enough to beat some of the heat.

I'm not opposed to taking a Lyft. It's hard to tell the prices but right now looking like $15 or so.

What should I do??? Has anyone done a mid day break from MK and how much time do you use up?

Note, we've been in 2022 and 2023 so I don't have the pressure to do and see every single thing. There are so many things that I love in MK though, I just want to make good use of our time.
We always plan a midday break for summer trips, its just too darn hot by 11am. And no one in my family will happily make it to fireworks if we don't take a break.

We're headed to CBR this June and will not do any park days without a break. A ride share would likely be quicker but we usually just rely on the bus (even though we drive to WDW and have our car there). We show up early, half hour before opening, bail by 11-11:30 and then usually head back in around 4pm. That generally gives my husband enough time to snooze while I take the kids to swim. Showers for all and then back in we go.

Always do midday breaks when it’s hot. You can do a Minnie van right from MK for $$ or walk to BLT and grab a Lyft/uber there for $. Another option is to monorail to TTC and grab Lyft/uber.

Thanks for the reminder that Lyft picks up at TTC.
Maybe we will monorail to Poly as originally planned, and then Lyft back to our resort for a break after.

We are staying at CBR this August, and have a water/pool view 5th sleeper booked (along with free dining). Looking at room options on Touring Plans to do our room request, and I'm wondering if there is any size difference in any of the rooms or if they are pretty standard (difference villages, corner rooms vs. central ones, etc).

Thanks for the reminder that Lyft picks up at TTC.
Maybe we will monorail to Poly as originally planned, and then Lyft back to our resort for a break after.
Yes, this works great. We take bus to MK for rope drop, break for lunch at the Grand Floridian and then Lyft back. Sometimes we walk to the Poly after lunch. In room from about 1:30-4:30, and then ready to close MK! (We take the bus back.) $15 sounds about right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter