Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

This may have been mentioned upthread somewhere but take with a grain of salt because it was a conversation overheard in the security line, Disneyland Special Events put on the January weekend, not runDisney. RunDisney may have had some minor input, administratively like The Expert said, but they weren't the boots on the ground people. And, supposedly, DSE told rD that they didn't need their help for any future events. Again, grain of salt because it may just be a rumor that started out of nothing.

It unfortunately isn't. I think there are 2 runDisney orgs and based on the mess from last January in California, the west coast needs to learn a lot still.

I have friends who work in the corporate side of Disney, and the entire org charts are a mind blowing mess (intentionally designed for tax/revenue reporting reasons.) For example, WDW in Orlando has to pay a licensing fee to Disney in Anaheim for the right to use Disney characters and branding. Orlando RunDisney is under the umbrella of the division of ESPN WWOS, Water Parks, and Mini Golf. Anaheim doesn’t have any of these, so I assume their RunDisney is under some other corporate division.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter