DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

So weird that you were offered preselects. I was approved this morning and was not. Time frames of our trips are similar, too.
They weren’t mentioned when I did video chat this AM.

Wasn’t asked anything re needs other than “…has anything changed…”

APHs, current expiry of 6/14

New one starts up 6/16 & good for a month

Told to call back 30 days before next trip

I really think it’s an adult vs kids thing - I’ve seen a few other solo adult posters on the DIS over the years make the same request and were also denied. I find it odd, but as long as we don’t get stuck in for more than the normal show, I can get through it. Also knowing where the doors are and that the CM in the room can open one in an emergency helps!
I don't really understand why they would deny this? It's not like a guest gets some kind of "advantage" by skipping the stretching room, other than *maybe* a 30 second jump on the line. It's so weird.

I don't really understand why they would deny this? It's not like a guest gets some kind of "advantage" by skipping the stretching room, other than *maybe* a 30 second jump on the line. It's so weird.
Maybe where operations become too disruptive when all requests are granted. So they made the decision where they felt most meaningful, keeping all the ramifications in mind? I dunno but I’d think they’d have something to defend their decision, at least that they felt it reasonable.

Just registered for our trip that is June 15-22. My daughter has a developmental disability. It only took 5-10 minutes to get through the queue to the video. I explained her needs and was granted DAS.

We are also going July 13-14 with a different set of tickets and he said I would need to re-register 30 days before July 13 for those tickets under the new rules. He said mine would expire June 28th. (Why? I don’t know? Our tickets are dated June 16-23. He said for wiggle room but such a random date for it to end. My theory is because that is the day that Tiana’s opens so they are trying to end as many old DAS passes before opening day as they can.) He said I could reregister for the second trip anytime after June 13 and did not need to wait for the first DAS to expire.

We were offered preselects and he did those in the video. I struggled with this because it was him reading me times out loud and I am not an auditory learner. I find it easier to pick from the list in the chat. I asked if preselects were going away. He said yes, but since we were grandfathered into the old rules, that I could go back in to the chat even after May 20 and they would change them for me.

Hope this answers some questions for people in the gray area.

He said mine would expire June 28th. (Why? I don’t know? Our tickets are dated June 16-23.
Do you have an 8-day PH+ ticket? That would be valid 6/16 - 6/28 even if you intend to leave on the 23rd.

The changes begin to take effect for people registering for DAS on May 20th. Until then everyone is registering/qualifying for DAS under the "old" rules.

Do you have an 8-day PH+ ticket? That would be valid 6/16 - 6/28 even if you intend to leave on the 23rd.

The changes begin to take effect for people registering for DAS on May 20th. Until then everyone is registering/qualifying for DAS under the "old" rules.
No, I have the 4 Day Magic Ticket, only valid June 16-23. Under the old rules, my das should be much longer. Under the new rules, it should end June 23. But for some reason, it expires June 28th. I found that interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_4858.jpeg
    IMG_4858.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
As an aside, I’m not the only one surprised by how tightly lidded this still is, am I? I haven’t followed DAS news until now, but I stay up to date on most WDW news and rumors and can’t think of another time in years that a big change was coming and there weren’t leaks ahead of it. Not a peep about details for non-DAS alternative accommodations at almost 2 days out is wild.

As an aside, I’m not the only one surprised by how tightly lidded this still is, am I? I haven’t followed DAS news until now, but I stay up to date on most WDW news and rumors and can’t think of another time in years that a big change was coming and there weren’t leaks ahead of it. Not a peep about details for non-DAS alternative accommodations at almost 2 days out is wild.
I'm really curious to hear reports of new accommodations that'll be offered.

I’m guessing they haven’t trained very many people yet, only the CMs who will be on the video chats. They probably haven’t trained park CMs yet because they won’t be using the new procedures until June 19 (30 days after 5/20).

No, I have the 4 Day Magic Ticket, only valid June 16-23. Under the old rules, my das should be much longer. Under the new rules, it should end June 23. But for some reason, it expires June 28th. I found that interesting.
Wondering. Those with tickets like convention ones that are 1 day passes....do they have to register DAS each day?

I’m guessing they haven’t trained very many people yet, only the CMs who will be on the video chats. They probably haven’t trained park CMs yet because they won’t be using the new procedures until June 19 (30 days after 5/20).
True, but that’s a couple hundred people, from what has been said so far - unusual to not have any of them leaking.

Just returned from trip using old das that was still active when given for a March trip. I tried doing standby for some lines and mostly shows. For shows we just walked in before they started and that worked well since crowds were not so big as to have people who couldn’t get in to each show. I found I was really bothered by some lightning lanes. Can’t handle the fill in all available space stuff in haunted mansion and pirates and other rides. We are a party of 2 and there was no way to keep myself with much breathing room. I ended up just looking up at the ceiling as most of the times it is pretty high up to give an illusion of space and deep breathing. When cast members say if you can see floor you need to move up and if people don’t move up you can go ahead of them to fill in the space. I just hate that. Not sure how I will handle prolonged lines with tight crowds like pirates. I assume I won’t qualify under new rules and as a party of two I don’t want to wait away from my (grown) daughter. I use my ear plugs and breathing and stimming (usually rubbing my fingers together) but even lightning lanes with the das was rough. We stayed to the back for preshows and that helped. We definitely will buy genie plus and try to hit the times given. We missed at least half of our preselects. It will be different for sure but I will just have to see how it goes. I did not buy genie plus last trip. Just a couple of individual lightning lanes. I am still going to watch posts to see what happens next week but am preparing to tour without the das and hope for the best and do all I can to minimize my anxiety

True, but that’s a couple hundred people, from what has been said so far - unusual to not have any of them leaking.
My only guess would be that Disney got ahead of the game and had them sign a non disclosure agreement to avoid news spreading before they were ready to share more information.

They probably haven’t trained park CMs yet because they won’t be using the new procedures until June 19 (30 days after 5/20).
Not necessarily. Anyone who registers 5/20 or later — so that could be earlier than 6/19 or even same day. Though I don’t expect many in-park reports next week, most info will likely come from pre-registrations.

can’t think of another time in years that a big change was coming and there weren’t leaks ahead of it.
There wasn’t a lot of info shared when GAC changed to DAS.

Not necessarily. Anyone who registers 5/20 or later — so that could be earlier than 6/19 or even same day. Though I don’t expect many in-park reports next week, most info will likely come from pre-registrations.
Good point! I didn’t think about it like that because everyone on here with a trip between now and June 19 knows to register before May 20th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter