Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

I agree. But my worry is that the way the construction photos look so far, there doesn't seem to be a rooftop restaurant there.
Do you have a picture from the Seven Seas Lagoon side? Your image posted here is the entrance from the parking lot side of the Tower.

Dave

IMO, the ones that want a fancy restaurant are not the ones paying the dues. Most owners would not want that kind of overhead cost in dues for a restaurant that will be clogged up with non-due-paying guests. Dues are the long term cost of DVC and even more important than the original point cost investment because it lasts the full term of the contract.
I’m not suggesting that the main Poly doesn’t need another good restaurant but I’m sure the due-payers of the tower would be happy with good counter service if they think about the impact to dues.
As respectfully as possible, I disagree. Fine dining options can be a strong motivator for some folks buying specific DVC resorts. It is also going to be a huge influx of folks (DVC and cash) from the new 268 rooms. Anywhere from 300 to 1000+ extra guests at the resort, with potentially only one QS option added in? I can at least understand the idea of making that QS restaurant as utilitarian as possible to not attract guests from outside of the resort--otherwise these poor folks might be struggling for a decent breakfast.

But of course, I also don't have much knowledge about how restaurants impact maintenance. VGF has some of the lower maintenance fees, yet I believe has the highest number of restaurants/food service of any DVC property so I assumed the impact of restaurant costs was minimal in comparison to grounds maintenance.

Do you have a picture from the Seven Seas Lagoon side? Your image posted here is the entrance from the parking lot side of the Tower.

Dave

Lagoon side doesn't seem too different, except it looks like extra balcony rooms. The windows in the center space look to span two floors, but the width still looks a bit small to be a restaurant. And it would be super weird to have a restaurant wedged between guest rooms like that.

I would guess that it's more likely that the section of two-story windows closer to the water is a restaurant location, as it's at least three rooms wide. The gazebo-like structure in the bottom left is rumored to be outdoor dining seating.

Poly Tower Lagoon.png

VGF has some of the lower maintenance fees, yet I believe has the highest number of restaurants/food service of any DVC property so I assumed the impact of restaurant costs was minimal in comparison to grounds maintenance.
The restaurants all belong to the hotel side, VGF actually has no real amenities that belong exclusively to the DVC villas. It works out that we owners share the cost with the larger hotel.

VGF has some of the lower maintenance fees, yet I believe has the highest number of restaurants/food service of any DVC property so I assumed the impact of restaurant costs was minimal in comparison to grounds maintenance.
There are no restaurants or food service offerings included in the VGF DVC building. They are just part of the GF offerings.

We have information that there will be a restaurant in the new Island Tower since they touted as part of the Florida Green lodging program. "the first all-electric kitchen on Walt Disney World Resort property within the tower’s restaurant". Could different rooftop space be the brand-new two-bedroom penthouse villas?

Dave

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the clarification! However by that logic, no restaurants are really exclusive to DVC folks outside of Top of the World. Maybe Sanaa, but there's cash rooms at Kidani and plenty of non-resort folks hop over for lunch from AK.

So maybe I'm just misunderstanding how restaurants might impact DVC maintenance fees? I'm sure there's some legalities around what amenities can and can't be funded or supplemented with maintenance fees that I'm simply not well versed on. Plenty of folks here have been DVC members long before I took my first trip 😅

IMO, the ones that want a fancy restaurant are not the ones paying the dues. Most owners would not want that kind of overhead cost in dues for a restaurant that will be clogged up with non-due-paying guests. Dues are the long term cost of DVC and even more important than the original point cost investment because it lasts the full term of the contract.
I’m not suggesting that the main Poly doesn’t need another good restaurant but I’m sure the due-payers of the tower would be happy with good counter service if they think about the impact to dues.
Forgive me if I'm not at all sympathetic to DVC member concerns considering very few of us non-dues paying Poly guests wanted this monstrosity and all of the additional strain on the resort it will bring in the first place. If regular guests had to lose a dinner show and a popular wedding venue for a timeshare tower it's frankly the least Disney could do

Forgive me if I'm not at all sympathetic to DVC member concerns considering very few of us non-dues paying Poly guests wanted this monstrosity and all of the additional strain on the resort it will bring in the first place. If regular guests had to lose a dinner show and a popular wedding venue for a timeshare tower it's frankly the least Disney could do

And don't forget the loss of three resort buildings to DVC.

So noted…I agree with most of what’s said. I just wish it was DISNEY and not the due-paying owners paying for a fancy new restaurant.
The fact that they are not allowing SOG to walk over to the poly monorail station should lighten the load there considerably. And hopefully they are bringing another restaurant to the building they are renovating on poly property.

What building is this?

Dave
I’m not familiar with the name but one of the buildings over by the DVC portion I think. Someone on this thread or another poly thread mentioned it by name. They used to serve a buffet in it when it was still in use. They had seen them working in it and hoped it was being renovated for an additional restaurant.

They used to serve a buffet in it when it was still in use. They had seen them working in it and hoped it was being renovated for an additional restaurant.
Ah the building that contains the old Tangaroa Terrence space and the now closed Lilo's Playhouse. I don't think anything officially has been announced. It's not the best location next to the parking lot.

Dave

Don't restaurants turn enough profit to finance themselves? Riviera has several restaurants and eateries. Saratoga Springs has a restaurant, a quick service, a walk up food window, and three pool bars. I could go on. How are these things a burden to owners?

I am surprised at the amount of workers and work trucks parked around the poly no where near the new tower.

Also shocked they don’t sell a magnet for the resort.

Presumably they are getting going (or about to get going) on that front entrance redesign work shortly. Going to be relatively disruptive for a bit. And could always be other projects around.

Don't restaurants turn enough profit to finance themselves? Riviera has several restaurants and eateries. Saratoga Springs has a restaurant, a quick service, a walk up food window, and three pool bars. I could go on. How are these things a burden to owners?
You bring up a good point and I’m not sure now. Perhaps someone else can answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter