Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend 2025

They certainly can't do a worse job, considering they had zero Marvel or Star Wars characters out for photos during the January races despite all three courses running through Marvel Campus and Galaxy's Edge. After all the complaints, they tossed us a bone with Chewy and Rey up on a platform in GE during the half, but yelled at anyone who tried to stop and snap a pic or selfie.
Not having a photo op at Avengers Campus, which had a lot of open space off the route, and at Kylo's shuttle (and even the Falcon at the half) was pretty baffling. Those are no-brainers and then you obviously you'd expect other characters elsewhere on the routes.

Halloween weekend will be a good test to see if they're responsive to the feedback they've gotten.

Last year I called Disneyland directly after I got registered for the races and they booked my room. I'm hoping they will do the same again.

I was hoping to book a package through Costco, but not sure how long till January will open up.

Is there a chance all the hotels sell out pretty quickly for the weekend?

First post has been updated with prices and the 2025 DLHM webpage. The virtual option looks to be gone.

Yoga: $130
5k: $120
10k: $175
Kids: $40
Half: $260
Dumbo: $440

Prices include all fees.

Last edited:
First post has been updated with prices and the 2025 DLHM webpage. The virtual option looks to be gone. It seems like there is no more virtual option.

Yoga: $130
5k: $120
10k: $175
Kids: $40
Half: $260
Dumbo: $440

Prices include all fees.
Yep, no more virtual options across the board (last one was Springtime Surprise), they're only doing it for separate summer and winter races.

I was hoping to book a package through Costco, but not sure how long till January will open up.

Is there a chance all the hotels sell out pretty quickly for the weekend?
If I remember correctly the Disneyland online direct bookings did not open up till late summer last year.

August 26 last year (I checked my confirm)

Oh gosh.....that's much later than I was expecting.

I suppose I could always call to book a room and then cancel it if there is still availability when packages open up.

Does anyone know how fast rooms sell out for race weekend there? I'm only familiar with WDW, which has a lot more resorts and a lot more rooms. So...it's hard to compare.

Does anyone know how fast rooms sell out for race weekend there? I'm only familiar with WDW, which has a lot more resorts and a lot more rooms. So...it's hard to compare.

We only have this past January for any data pre-pandemic, and that was also on MLK weekend, so there was a double whammy.

IIRC, availability, both on-site and off-site was rather slim, especially right along Harbor. The farther out you go, the easier it becomes. But off-site packages for everything right across the street was snagged up real quick. On-site didn't fare much better; I think a lot of people calling in to grab rooms severely limited ths supply.

Oh gosh.....that's much later than I was expecting.

I suppose I could always call to book a room and then cancel it if there is still availability when packages open up.

I was able to get 2 rooms at Castle Inn the morning that packages opened for last year, and that ended up being an amazing location for the 10K and Half, since they started and ended just around the block, and it’s only a couple blocks down to the parks.

I was able to get 2 rooms at Castle Inn the morning that packages opened for last year, and that ended up being an amazing location for the 10K and Half, since they started and ended just around the block, and it’s only a couple blocks down to the parks.
Would you stay there again?

That sounds awesome.

Unfortunately staying onsite was a deal breaker for my Mom, who is traveling with us.

Legacy Dumbo here. So definitely in for the challenge again. Will register for the 5K via Club rD. Staying at VGC.
I am both happy and disappointed by the theming. I love Groot and Ahsoka. I am disappointed because mashing Avengers and Star Wars characters into Dumbo Challenge implies there won’t be separate Avengers and Star Wars race weekends. 😭😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter