🇺🇸**July 2024 Check-In**🇺🇸

Thanks! Had a mild panic attack…our last day in DL is the 21st and wanted to finish it out with the parade. I’m very surprised that there isn’t anything available for the entire week. Just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something. Maybe they’re changing the parade since there isn’t an actual nighttime parade on the schedule right now. Just the Magic Happens parade in the afternoon and early evening. Last time we went we got to watch the Main Street Electrical parade and then the fireworks, but those got cut short because of the wind. Fingers crossed 🤞😀
They're not changing anything. I can pretty much guarantee Magic Happens will be showing at 3:00 and 5:30 as it's been doing every day for months.

The 21st is the CHOC Walk in the morning, which might cause the park to open later, but it should not have any impact on parade times in the afternoon.

Thank you for this! I see our rate has dropped, how do I go about adjusting it? Do I have to call?
Hi, I wanted to let you know that on a whim I checked our rate at the CCI and it dropped again, this time $30/night! I called and spoke with the nicest gentleman, Mark, and he adjusted our rate. So check your rate again. :)

Last edited:
Checking in. We’re staying at the DLH for the first time July 5-8, at the tail end of a CA trip. Going to the parks July 6 and 7.

DD and I have been before, but she was five (now 11) and doesn’t remember much. It will be my parents’ first time, and they’re mostly going to appease DD after we’re dragging her to Sequoia and down the coast earlier that week.

For anyone else like me going on July 4th, the hours are now officially posted. They notably left the fireworks schedule blank, indicating to me that Celebrate America will be showing in full again this year as opposed to the tag they sometimes do on the regular show.

It's likely Disney won't officially post the schedule until much closer and they currently don't list fireworks at all on the 4th. Rest assured, they will be showing fireworks on July 4th. They also have not yet posted the other special entertainment they usually do, including a Marine Band, special flag retreat, and tag before each showing of WOC (with some fireworks). I'm sure this will all be posted in a few weeks.

Our last Disneyland trip was summer 2013, didn't think we would return again as a group...but looks like we are going to take a quick trip with 2 of our (now adult) kids for a few nights July/August. We have a room at DLH using our DVC membership but now may need to book another room for my 82 yo FIL, so thinking of Candy Cane Inn for him to same him some money because paying rack rate for DLH would cost him over $2000.

Planning to arrive July 30th from the east coast and family is pushing now to spend a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain as well (we are all big coaster people). So that may be on Wed July 31st and then 2.5 days at Disneyland (Thur/Fri/Sat morning).

Still working through our plans though.

Our last Disneyland trip was summer 2013, didn't think we would return again as a group...but looks like we are going to take a quick trip with 2 of our (now adult) kids for a few nights July/August. We have a room at DLH using our DVC membership but now may need to book another room for my 82 yo FIL, so thinking of Candy Cane Inn for him to same him some money because paying rack rate for DLH would cost him over $2000.

Planning to arrive July 30th from the east coast and family is pushing now to spend a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain as well (we are all big coaster people). So that may be on Wed July 31st and then 2.5 days at Disneyland (Thur/Fri/Sat morning).

Still working through our plans though.
Sounds like lots of fun. Magic Mountain is a great park for coaster enthusiasts. I haven't been in about 20 years, but I went with some of my friends in high school and it was a really great trip to experience lots of incredible coasters.

If you are going to Magic Mountain, you might want to consider staying up there near Valencia for 1-2 nights. It is a long haul to Disneyland.

If you are traveling from somewhere else where you have a Six Flags, you might want to look into the annual pass that gets you access to all of the Six Flags across the country. May or may not be worthwhile, but worth looking into.

If you are going to Magic Mountain, you might want to consider staying up there near Valencia for 1-2 nights. It is a long haul to Disneyland.

If you are traveling from somewhere else where you have a Six Flags, you might want to look into the annual pass that gets you access to all of the Six Flags across the country. May or may not be worthwhile, but worth looking into.

I was going to say the same about staying closer to Valencia (or Saugus or Satna Clarita) for Magic Mountain. It is well over an hour (probably closer to 90 minutes) from Disneyland area with no traffic. Probably fly into LAX and then go up to the valley and stay there the one night and then go to MM and then transfer down to DL resort area that night or the next morning.

I was going to say the same about staying closer to Valencia (or Saugus or Satna Clarita) for Magic Mountain. It is well over an hour (probably closer to 90 minutes) from Disneyland area with no traffic. Probably fly into LAX and then go up to the valley and stay there the one night and then go to MM and then transfer down to DL resort area that night or the next morning.
Sounds like lots of fun. Magic Mountain is a great park for coaster enthusiasts. I haven't been in about 20 years, but I went with some of my friends in high school and it was a really great trip to experience lots of incredible coasters.

Thanks to both of you. Yes we did Magic Mountain also back in 2013 and stayed near there. The kids just weren't all tall enough to ride all of the rides back then, so they are itching to go back. We've done many of the US coaster parks but it's been a while.

My current thought for this trip was we have an early morning arrival (right now at LAX, but I'm now seriously considering other airports, just hate that we don't have good direct options to the others). We would arrive Tuesday, drive up to Santa Monica, my daughter and I would hang there for the arrival day, and the guys would drive down to Long Beach to see the USS Iowa that day.

The next morning (Wednesday) we would drive to Six Flags (we would be on East Coast time so getting up early not an issue, and park likely won't open until 9am or later anyway). We would spend the day there, then leave that night and drive to Anaheim, checking into our hotel there for the next 3 nights.

YES we have a Six Flags near us and that was the reason for the potential visit...we've purchased the very inexpensive multi-park Six Flags pass before, and they have a deal running right now, so we would buy it at our local park and use it for 6FMM.

Hi, I wanted to let you know that on a whim I checked our rate at the CCI and it dropped again, this time $30/night! I called and spoke with the nicest gentleman, Mark, and he adjusted our rate. So check your rate again. :)
Thank you so much! I did, and got it adjusted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter