Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I also got a change notice, and was concerned until I saw that they left my takoff time the same and changed my arrival to 5 minutes later!

So if you get schedule change notice and go ahead and select a different flight that is less than what you paid for your ticket are you supposed to get a credit ? I’ve noticed when you change your flight the screen doesn’t show prices of flights.
I don't think you will if you just do it online. Someone suggested calling for that but I have no experience with it. They don't charge extra if they are more expensive either. See the post above yours, where they made a free change first, and then changed to the cheaper one for a credit. Or if you don't have EBCI you could just cancel and rebook the lower rate.

My September return flight was changed, now leaving 35 minutes earlier. Hopefully my flight down remains the same.

I just read on another site that SW is cracking down on carry on sizes. My carryon is fine but I’m wondering if my under the seat tote will be a problem. It seems that crossbody bags, backpacks, and laptop and cases are ok. I’ve never had a problem before with a tote, it would be to small for the overhead.

Replying to myself here just in case anyone is in the same boat ever. I ended up just booking the two free changes, then changed to the flight I was looking at the third time, and I got the credit. There were two flights that fit our ideal schedule so I went between the two of them to try. Figured if it didn’t work out I’d be happy with either one.

I was going to call, but wasn’t sure of how long that would take. Took me a couple minutes to do it online.
I've done this as well. Little bit of a pain, but it worked for me and I didn't have to call.

So if you get schedule change notice and go ahead and select a different flight that is less than what you paid for your ticket are you supposed to get a credit ? I’ve noticed when you change your flight the screen doesn’t show prices of flights.
No. If SW changes your flight and then you choose to move to another flight as a result, it's 'free.' You don't pay the difference, regardless of whether it's cheaper or more expensive. If you find you've moved to a cheaper flight and want to get that credit, you'll either have to call, or do the two 'free' switches you're allowed to do, and then move to the cheaper flight (after two free switches then it goes back to their normal policy, so you could get the flight credit).

My September return flight was changed, now leaving 35 minutes earlier. Hopefully my flight down remains the same.

I just read on another site that SW is cracking down on carry on sizes. My carryon is fine but I’m wondering if my under the seat tote will be a problem. It seems that crossbody bags, backpacks, and laptop and cases are ok. I’ve never had a problem before with a tote, it would be to small for the overhead.
I haven't specifically heard they were cracking down on sizes, but rather number of items. Thanks to TikTok, people have been bringing pillows on flights but stuffing them full of clothes to get around having to pay for bags. Similar thing with shopping bags, etc. Many airlines are getting more strict with the 'one carry on, one personal item' rule to really be only two things (instead of a roller bag, a purse, a laptop bag, a pillow, etc.)

I haven't specifically heard they were cracking down on sizes, but rather number of items. Thanks to TikTok, people have been bringing pillows on flights but stuffing them full of clothes to get around having to pay for bags. Similar thing with shopping bags, etc. Many airlines are getting more strict with the 'one carry on, one personal item' rule to really be only two things (instead of a roller bag, a purse, a laptop bag, a pillow, etc.)
I just flew STL to TUC on SW with a layover in DEN. On the DEN to TUC leg, I watched someone forced to get out of the boarding line (the A1-A15s) to consolidate items. The GA asked if they hadn’t heard the “72 announcements I made about only two carry ons.” 😂

I just flew STL to TUC on SW with a layover in DEN. On the DEN to TUC leg, I watched someone forced to get out of the boarding line (the A1-A15s) to consolidate items. The GA asked if they hadn’t heard the “72 announcements I made about only two carry ons.” 😂
Yep, I've heard GAs getting more 'stern' with those announcements lately (also pointing out it's an FAA rule, not a SW rule, and that people will be asked to get out of line if they need to consolidate).

Anyone have a work around for this situation. Got rebooked on the "same flight" two hours earlier. Fine with it. But now I can't "change" and reprice my trip like I love doing.... and may be addicted to. It won't let me just be like yes this is fine. Is this their way to prevent that?

Anyone have a work around for this situation. Got rebooked on the "same flight" two hours earlier. Fine with it. But now I can't "change" and reprice my trip like I love doing.... and may be addicted to. It won't let me just be like yes this is fine. Is this their way to prevent that?
Use your two 'free' changes to switch to another flight, and then back to the one that you're currently on. After you use up the two 'free' moves, you'll be able to rebook/reprice flights like usual.

Southwest is cancelling and rebooking so many flights for august and september. My midway to orlando was cancelled and rebooked and my mother in laws flight from midway to rochester was cancelled and rebooked...I cant seem to find any info on this, does anyone know why this is happening? And is this a good thing or a bad thing, like is it reducing the chances of delays or cancellations in the future? I cant seem to find any info on this.

Southwest is cancelling and rebooking so many flights for august and september. My midway to orlando was cancelled and rebooked and my mother in laws flight from midway to rochester was cancelled and rebooked...I cant seem to find any info on this, does anyone know why this is happening? And is this a good thing or a bad thing, like is it reducing the chances of delays or cancellations in the future? I cant seem to find any info on this.
They announced several months back this was going to happen due to a reduction in Boeing planes expected for the year and pilot shortages, the number of planes has quite an impact. It's been ongoing that they've adjusted their schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter