Official 2024 Universal Studios HHN 33 Thread

USO the RIP tour is so expensive and doesn't seem to have much added value other than skipping lines. At least if the USO RIP ticket included EP to houses for the rest of the night I would consider it so we could go back through the houses we really liked.
That's the major benefit of doing a private RIP tour. That one is unlimited front of the line access to all the houses. If you can gather a group of 10 I believe it is about the same cost.

Skipping the godawful crush of humanity at the front gate is another perk of the RIP tour. And reduced walking.

That's the major benefit of doing a private RIP tour. That one is unlimited front of the line access to all the houses. If you can gather a group of 10 I believe it is about the same cost.

Skipping the godawful crush of humanity at the front gate is another perk of the RIP tour. And reduced walking.
I will look into joining a Private RIP tour if that is the case. Maybe I just need to better understand the perks of the Private RIP tour vs the non-private RIP tour.

My understanding is the tour "owners" decide what you do and don't want to do during the tour. Rightfully so if they are the ones that paid for the tour upfront, but if you don't know the people and you join a PRIP tour then we could potentially end up spending lots of time at the bars, or repeating the same ride/house over and over or going on rides, etc when we haven't see all the houses. How would I find a group to join that is a good match for enjoying the houses and non-partiers etc?

Is there a tour duration or does the tour last the entire night?

Can you repeat houses on your own with EP or do you need to stay with the group?

Does it matter what time your tour is to access the VIP lounge so that you can see the opening scaremony?

We are going to be there October 23 and 24th. Open to learning more. :) As I said we went to Hollywood last year with the intention of going to HHN on our own the first night and then the RIP the second night. By 6 pm the park was already shoulder to shoulder and we could't even acceess the houses to until after 7, so we left knowing that we would have our tour the next night. To be fair we had done a VIP tour that day so we were already tired and it was HOT. So glad I had read enough to know to bite the bullet and do the RIP tour then as it would most likely be the only time we would be in Hollywood for HHN. We have done HHN several times at USO but never a tour. I had fully intended to do get RIP this time but as I said didn't see the value if you couldn't repeat the houses with EP. We will be doing and have done the rides many times so just want to be able to fully enjoy the HHN experience.

You are correct on most of your thoughts. It is important to join a tour that has the same goals as you. And also deal with someone that you feel comfortable with (ie, not a scammer). There are some Facebook groups that discuss the RIP tours and will post their tours they are trying to fill.

You don't get EP for houses, it's the guide who gets you entry, so going off alone won't work. The RIP lanyard is the EP for the rides, although if the tour does a ride you will get front of the line access to that as well.

The tour will last to the end of the night, if anyone in the group is up for it. I'm a maximizer so we went strong til 2am although other people did leave our tour.

You can enter the RIP lounge/reception 30min (I think) before your start time - I think for the private they like everyone to meet up together before checking in, but (from what I've heard on here) public tours you check in, get the lanyard, go to the dinner/snack/reception area and they form your groups as people finish there.

The "reception" is certainly enough for dinner and includes non-alcoholic beverages as well as some tasty desserts. That's another chunk of value for the RIP tour. And the free parking, if that's relevant to you. On the private RIP, we swung back through for beverages/snacks again later in the evening.

There is a balcony that private RIPs can go up onto to see the opening - however if your timing doesn't work out for that, IMO you're not missing much at all. The view of the mass of humanity at the gates was more interesting than the scaremony.

If you are interested in seeing the Nightmare Fuel show, the RIP tour seating for it is fantastic.

*My RIP experience is from 2021 so it's possible things have changed.

Thanks so much for all the info. The only problem is I'm not on Facebook nor anyone in my family so would need to find another way to find a group. There are only 2-4 of us going to HHN so hardly worth trying to get our private group and then need to find others.

Is there a thread on disboard that I can find those looking for people to join their group? I didn't see one and wasn't sure it that was allowed on here.

I have a private rip tour scheduled. It's something I've always wanted to try. I'm excited to check it out. Just have to make sure people don't bail lol
Have fun!

Back in 20221, I organized a private RIP Tour consisting of DIS members. Ultimately, we ended up with 12 total guests. Any more, and we would have required a second tour guide, which I believe would have doubled the private RIP cost. However, as we exceeded the expected max of 10, there was an additional cost for guests 11 and 12, which matched the individual cost for a 10 guest party. So the per person cost remains the same between a 10, 11, or 12 guest party.

As for that private tour, everyone had fun. Everyone paid promptly, and we all met outside of the VIP doors before the event. Prior to the event, we had all agreed to focus on houses and scare zones. We did all houses once, and a few houses twice. It was very fun and successful.

Have fun!

Back in 20221, I organized a private RIP Tour consisting of DIS members. Ultimately, we ended up with 12 total guests. Any more, and we would have required a second tour guide, which I believe would have doubled the private RIP cost. However, as we exceeded the expected max of 10, there was an additional cost for guests 11 and 12, which matched the individual cost for a 10 guest party. So the per person cost remains the same between a 10, 11, or 12 guest party.

As for that private tour, everyone had fun. Everyone paid promptly, and we all met outside of the VIP doors before the event. Prior to the event, we had all agreed to focus on houses and scare zones. We did all houses once, and a few houses twice. It was very fun and successful.
Yup that was a great tour...kind of spoiled me for HHN - private tour is the way to go - especially of you can get the passholder discount as well. Thanks for including me in it - I doubt its something ill be able to swing again.

I have a private rip tour scheduled. It's something I've always wanted to try. I'm excited to check it out. Just have to make sure people don't bail lol
I'm sure you can post here a week or two in advance and there may be folks who will be there that are interested - and its probably the same price or less than the public tour once you get to the 10 or so folks - especially since the price of that public tour goes up

Have fun!

I'm excited. I haven't decided though if I want to try to recruit people I don't know to this. I'm ok with canceling if I don't get the right amount of people

For some reason, Thursday’s RIP that week was $10 more than Wednesday or Friday.
Interesting. Wonder if there’s another big convention scheduled that week? Always seems to be one that clogs up things. Likely already sold enough RIP slots, they felt comfortable to increase the price
Most nights dont sell out
Early on last year with the specific start date multi night pass, it effectively shut people out. I grabbed the earliest date JIK we could sneak down for an earlier weekend.

There’s been nights when certain parts of the park feel close to gridlock. I’d love to know what the magic # is when they do cap it.
Mini rant: We considered doing the RIP tour this year as we did it in Hollywood last year and it was well worth the money will all the extras you get.
Have only done one @ USH, was very different from the vibe @USO, where public tours I’ve been on have been a bit frentic and disorganized. Not sure if that’s where they tend to stick the new guides or that was just our luck of the draw.

No idea if it’s the same now but, appreciated that USH had a traditional buffet vs the munchie sort in FL.
Priceless. Only way I’d do that is the resort guest entrance
And also deal with someone that you feel comfortable with (ie, not a scammer). There are some Facebook groups that discuss the RIP tours and will post their tours they are trying to fill.
It’s scary as you are basically on your own if it doesn’t work out, U will not get involved in any way
The tour will last to the end of the night, if anyone in the group is up for it. I'm a maximizer so we went strong til 2am although other people did leave our tour.
One thing to remember is the person who paid for private tour “owns it”. The guide will only follow their lead, everyone else is along for the ride. Once the owner releases the guide, they are done. Would be sure to confirm with that person to instruct guide to carry on until 2 am if one’s intent
There is a balcony that private RIPs can go up onto to see the opening - however if your timing doesn't work out for that, IMO you're not missing much at all. The view of the mass of humanity at the gates was more interesting than the scaremony.
It’s wild how people are camped out @ gates often by 3 pm, if not earlier
Thanks so much for all the info. The only problem is I'm not on Facebook nor anyone in my family so would need to find another way to find a group. There are only 2-4 of us going to HHN so hardly worth trying to get our private group and then need to find others.

Is there a thread on disboard that I can find those looking for people to join their group? I didn't see one and wasn't sure it that was allowed on here.
This should be posted to mod Macraven

In the past there was a specific thread wherein people could post open spots on their private tours.

All discussion had to be done private off the boards as to arrangements between parties.

Although Lisa and I are usually at UO for the week, we only do one night for HHN. So we take advantage of the free night with the Premier AP. Our current plan to to go on either 9/18 or 9/19.

Edit: Officially Wednesday 9/18. We purchased our public RIP for that date today. For some reason, Thursday’s RIP that week was $10 more than Wednesday or Friday.

Forgot to add mine was similar.. Somehow Friday 10/4 was cheaper than Thursday for thr private tour. Even the lady I talked to was surprised by it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter