DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

As someone who will likely never be able to afford 1,000 or more points (three young kids, living in a place flights are almost required for WDW or DL, not a multimillionaire, etc) I would be curious to know this statistic: how many contracts in total each 1,000+ point owner has. I know some owners take years to get to that total and others have gotten there before their first stay. My parents were DVC owners and told us to buy 100-150 contracts. Just curious if you are holding a bunch of contracts or some jumbo point contracts.

As someone who will likely never be able to afford 1,000 or more points (three young kids, living in a place flights are almost required for WDW or DL, not a multimillionaire, etc) I would be curious to know this statistic: how many contracts in total each 1,000+ point owner has. I know some owners take years to get to that total and others have gotten there before their first stay. My parents were DVC owners and told us to buy 100-150 contracts. Just curious if you are holding a bunch of contracts or some jumbo point contracts.
I’ve got 5 UY and 20 contracts. April is 3 VGF contracts, June is 3 BLT, 3 BC and 1 SS contracts, Oct is 3 WL/BRV contracts and 2 BWV, Sept is 1 small HH contract to go at Thanksgiving every 3 years and Dec is 4 HH contracts. My SS contract is the largest single contract at 160 and one of my BC contracts is the smallest at 15 (yup 15 - it’s a long story on how I got that one)…I have the most points at HH at 345 total between the 2 UYs and 5 contracts. I rarely rent points and I’m ALWAYS borrowing…

Talk me out of this!
I'll "help".......

I think 250 or 300 points is a better purchase due to the incentive break points. Don't buy 200 more, buy 250 or 300 more :)

Directly or through a broker?

I use most of our points but I have started to rent a few to help pay for non DVC stuff like Universal and considering a cruise. With a swap and the broker paying 20 bucks a point for my "premium" resorts they sell quick and no tax issues due to the swap. To me the ease and tax considerations make it worth it to loose a bit of value if I did it solo.

Just curious if you are holding a bunch of contracts or some jumbo point contracts.

We have one larger contract for VGC at 270 points but most are smaller in the mid to lower 100 range and a few 75s in there. I'm sure there are people with more but our points/contract page has a few numbers/contracts to track. I have a nice workbook to track it all and plan future trips ahead 3+ years.

I have 6 contracts at 5 resorts with 4 UYs. I have never rented and I am constantly borrowing. I have a large family and typically need a 2 bedroom or more. The biggest thing that I have found is that with the points I have is that I get to gift friends and family to take trips with us. I think I am getting the most enjoyment out of that, watching people experience Disney for the first time.

Just curious if you are holding a bunch of contracts or some jumbo point contracts.
7 total - 2 each at our WDW homes (BCV, VGF, BLT) and 1 at VGC (all same UY) We bought the 2nd contracts at each WDW resort when life changed and we needed/wanted 2brs. I think our largest is 200 and smallest is 100. Our pattern is 2-3 trips per year, 8 or 9 nights each, in a 1br (spouse and I) or 2br (if MIL comes along).

Last edited:

April UY for the following: 8 X 250pt and 4 x 100 pt contracts = 12 total contracts. Those bite sizes will be easier to divide between my kids as they get older. Also, have yet to book my first DVC trip - gonna do that soon!

I have 6 contracts at 5 resorts with 4 UYs. I have never rented and I am constantly borrowing. I have a large family and typically need a 2 bedroom or more. The biggest thing that I have found is that with the points I have is that I get to gift friends and family to take trips with us. I think I am getting the most enjoyment out of that, watching people experience Disney for the first time.

It's the most priceless part of the Disney experience. Bringing family, who otherwise would not be visiting Disney, and seeing it through their eyes has been the very best return on the tickets/hotels/meals etc.

We've got 3 resorts, 2 UY, 8 contracts ranging from 25 - 200 points. Other than the 25-pointer (bought direct when that's all you needed to get direct benefits) our other contracts are mostly 100-150 points each. (the 25 and 200 are outliers)

I'm really averse to borrowing, but now we are booking larger units and gifting/bringing people, it's really really heartwarming and now I'm almost out of points. like I "only" have about 200 points left to use between January 1 - July 31 2025 !! (The horror!!)

We have been bringing a grandparent occasionally since 2018 (except for pandemic years when they wouldn't or couldn't go anywhere), this summer we're taking another family in a 2br, and I just made my first "gift" reservation for a friend with 2 young kids who'll be on their first WDW trip ever. Her hubby has a hard work schedule so they're pulling the kids from school to take this trip. 😍🥰

They're 5 and 6 and they are going to LOSE. THEIR. MINDS. <-- this is going to be the best. I'm already looking forward to the videos.

@Jack Kerouac, we acquired points slowly, and we're older parents, and we got some really good deals back in the day. And DH and I have had recession-proof jobs and never had the misfortune of being laid off - that's just luck on our part.

Last edited:
14 total. The first 10 were in the first year (2016-2017), the added 2 in 2021, 1 in 2023 and 1 this year.
Our very first was 60 direct at PVB (with CM discount it was cheaper than the resale at the time), with the intention of picking up 50-60 at BWV and alternate years for marathon weekend. Then a few weeks later we called our guide and said let’s do another 60 at PVB. Then I started looking at resale and decided I wanted something at each favorite resort and alternate years, and picking different UYs for different rD race weekends.
Then we went to AUL in 2020 (right before Covid) on our 50-pointer with banked points for 5 nights. We both fell in love with the resort and decided to make it an annual visit instead of every 2-3 years so we added on.
I stayed at RIV for a week and fell in love. So we bought RIV resale.
Then VDH opened.
And the AUL subsidized contract 🤣🤣

Edited to add SSR was SAP, BLT was meant for party nights for its walking path to MK (way before VGF had its walkway).

June UY
8 contracts
380, 190, 150 (x3), 100 (x3)

WE have two use years, fourteen contracts.
April - 3 contracts at VGF
October - 5 contracts at SSR, 3 contracts at RR, 2 contracts at BLT, 1 contract at AKV.

Most of our contracts are under 200 points. The largest contract is 275 points, a RR resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter