Disappointing Adult Cruise On The Dream

Ummm, your statement is a little far fetched. My 19 yr old after sailing on RCL and NCL while she was in high school asked to go back to DCL again. She loves their cruises and it is her preference. She has met many other young people on these cruises from other states and countries that she has maintained friendships with. Believe me, teens and older young people hardly "suffer" on a DCL cruise. Not all kids may feel this way, but I know that many do enjoy DCL.
True. But saying that kids “suffer” on a Celebrity cruise as a PP wrote is just as far fetched. DD11 has been on NCL and DCL and we are doing a newer Celebrity ship this summer. She actually voted to cancel the DCL we originally booked and try Celebrity. She wanted a smaller, less chaotic kids club and she wanted to see the newer Cirque de Soleil type shows instead of all Disney stuff since she is very into dance. She wanted to try a kids club with fewer kids and more counselor interaction among kids and a more chill vibe compared to all the screaming and little kids on Disney (her words). She is a kid who is happy with just reading a book and having a virgin pina colada by the pool and getting ice cream. She is excited to do Treasure next year though

No kid really suffers in any cruise line in reality.

Ummm, your statement is a little far fetched. My 19 yr old after sailing on RCL and NCL while she was in high school asked to go back to DCL again. She loves their cruises and it is her preference. She has met many other young people on these cruises from other states and countries that she has maintained friendships with. Believe me, teens and older young people hardly "suffer" on a DCL cruise. Not all kids may feel this way, but I know that many do enjoy DCL.
THANK YOU! Not all kids decide they dislike Disney once they hit a certain age. And not all adults "suffer". If someone doesn't like Disney, then yes...DCL is not the line for them. But there are a lot of adults who still love Disney - and we're not all parents of "littles".

THANK YOU! Not all kids decide they dislike Disney once they hit a certain age. And not all adults "suffer". If someone doesn't like Disney, then yes...DCL is not the line for them. But there are a lot of adults who still love Disney - and we're not all parents of "littles".
But the thing is, my wife and I actually LOVE Disney! We visit WDW frequently. And we’re not parents of “littles” either. But DCL isn’t’t the line for us because, in spite of the always amusing characters and pirate night, no other part of the cruise measured up to the services and dining provided on other cruise lines in our opinion. So it’s not because we’ve grown out of Disney, because, honestly, we haven’t. :)

But the thing is, my wife and I actually LOVE Disney! We visit WDW frequently. And we’re not parents of “littles” either. But DCL isn’t’t the line for us because, in spite of the always amusing characters and pirate night, no other part of the cruise measured up to the services and dining provided on other cruise lines in our opinion. So it’s not because we’ve grown out of Disney, because, honestly, we haven’t. :)
You are the one who said school age or older children would "suffer" through a cruise on Disney. That is what I and the poster I quoted were referring to.

You've made it abundantly clear it's not the line for you any longer since you keep this alive by responding all the time. BUT when you make broad generalizations that anyone other than pre-school age is going to "suffer" when they're on Disney... You're asking for a response.

You know, maybe it can be true that you can have great vacations on all of these lines, just depending on what you enjoy!

I've been on 39 cruises (according to my ShipMate app :)) and of all those, there was only 1 that I was really looking forward to get off of. All the others were good to great cruises.

You are the one who said school age or older children would "suffer" through a cruise on Disney. That is what I and the poster I quoted were referring to.

You've made it abundantly clear it's not the line for you any longer since you keep this alive by responding all the time. BUT when you make broad generalizations that anyone other than pre-school age is going to "suffer" when they're on Disney... You're asking for a response.
I think it was in response to another poster saying they couldn’t imagine making kids younger than high school “suffer” on a Celebrity cruise. If making broad generalizations about older kids suffering on a DCL cruise is inappropriate than broad generalizations about younger kids suffering on a cruise line like HAL or Celebrity are just as inappropriate. Every kid is different and likes different things or thrives in different environments.

My apologies…I was just responding to a post about kids “suffering” through a Celebrity cruise, saying, if that were true, then some adults were bound to feel the same way about DCL. But I would be willing to bet that there are many kids in high school who love DCL, and many who don’t as well. Like all cruisers!
And I think it’s worthwhile responding to posts, because so many of them are good natured and informative. As one of the few threads that is indeed critical of DCL, I think it’s worthwhile.

Maybe, but in the same vein, after my experience, I can’t imagine making kids of high school age or older suffer through a Disney cruise. That said, Celebrity is no doubt better for adults, even Disney adults such as my wife and I. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and of course there’s no right or wrong, but we found the adult district dark and claustrophobic on the Dream.
The teen clubs are fantastic on DCL and no suffering involved. Disney also has no curfew which the teens like. Teens just want to hang out with other teens. I don’t think they care what ship they are on as long as they can make friends. My 19 year old still prefers DCL because they have the 1820 society where he can meet other young adults his age and do stuff with them. He has no desire to hang out with me. It’s difficult to meet others unless there some type of designated activity which DCL has. I would never take him on celebrity unless it was very port intensive. He’d be bored to death.

That was last year and this is this year. Twice on the Wonder since March and they are gone.

If anyone has had a different experience this year. Let us know.
I'm on the magic this sunday and will let you know when I get back. partner is looking forward to late night wings even though we have late dining, but he has hollow legs.

I'm on the magic this sunday and will let you know when I get back. partner is looking forward to late night wings even though we have late dining, but he has hollow legs.
They may still have the late night. Like I stated I was referring to the happy hour offerings. We do late dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter