You Get a Suite! You Get a Suite! Everybody Gets a Suite! December 2023 Trip Report! (Updated 5/21!)

Wow! What a fun event. Everything looks absolutely delicious and, I agree, way better than F&W. Going back to our earlier exchange, I thought the Jollywood food was better than F&W too. I think it must have to do with the volume and there are just too many people walking around EPCOT all day so they need to do simpler dishes that they can mass produce easily. There's a similar outdoor event here in FL called Field to Feast -- it's held on a farm in Mount Dora and George of Wine Bar George does the wine and the chefs are from various different Disney restaurants (Jiko, Flying Fish etc.) and the proceeds go to charity. You'd need a car to get out there but if you're ever here when it's happening, I think you'd love it.
It was so much fun, I would definitely do it again! Yeah, it's funny since I swear I remember the food at F&W being better years ago, but perhaps I'm just misremembering. I will say, I found the food at FArts was better (way better) than F&W so I'm sooooo excited to be going back to that again this year!

Field to Feast sounds good, and those chefs are from our favorite restaurants! We'll need to look into trying it out one year. I keep saying we need to explore more that FL has to offer, but we always just end up in Disney World for the whole trip!

Day 5, Part 6: Jollywood Part 4 – More Music, More food!

We last left off grabbing a drink at the ABC commissary and dancing to the guitar music on commissary Ln.

Once the guitarist finished his set, my mom decided she wanted to grab a drink, so we headed over to Baseline since we both wanted to try the beer margarita there and it was close.

We ended up getting those, and dad picked up a mango beer.

Drinks in hand we settled into a table at baseline to enjoy and people watch. A lot of people got super glammed up for this party, so it was fun to check out all the outfits!

I was pleasantly surprised with the beer margarita as well, it was really good!

While enjoying the drinks we were watching the Snow White and Dopey meet right in front of Baseline, and at one point saw that line had gotten super short, so we left dad at the table and mom and I went to get in line. We brought our drinks to enjoy while we waited.

Right before it was our turn they switched out characters and we ended up meeting Mary Poppins and a penguin. And just before it was our turn I ran the drinks back to the table that dad was still at so we didn’t have to deal with them.

It was a fun interaction, and mom really loved chatting with Mary Poppins since she uses Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in her class so was excited to talk about it! Meanwhile the penguin and I were having a competition on who could do the penguin waddle better. :rotfl:

After the meet we met back up with dad, and I ran to pick up another margarita.

We were getting hungry at that point, and since ABC Commissary didn’t have a line earlier, we decided to head back there to get some food.

Once again there was no line, so we got our snacks. We got some empanadas, yucca fries, and the cheesecake!

While the portions were small, they packed a lot of flavor and we really enjoyed the food here! Sorry for the half eaten food pictures, we were getting tired and forgot to get pics at first!

After eating, we wandering around getting some pictures.

After getting pictures, mom decided that her next must do item was to see the band at the tip top club, so we headed over there. Unfortunately, we got there to find the band was on break and wouldn’t be back for another 15 minutes.

At that point it was after 11, and we wanted to see the 11:30 NBC show, so made our way over to the theater.

They were already letting people in by the time we got there so we headed in and lucked out that the row we picked was filled just to the middle, so we had great center seats!

This show was really great, we all loved it! I didn’t get any pictures since I wanted to just enjoy this show, but the Jack puppet was so ridiculously cool, especially seeing it up close!

After the NBC show we headed back to the Tip Top Club for my mom, and this time the band was playing!

We ended up watching 4-5 songs, they were really good, and mom loved the music!

Around 12:25 we were getting tired, and were really cold, so we decided to skip the fireworks and head out.

It was once again our lucky day, on the way out I tried getting a Minnie Van, and got one right away! Wahoo!

We made it back to the hotel by 1AM, and spent some time winding down with some wine and snacks we had brought back from the lounge earlier before calling it a night.

Next up: Suite Number Three!

I was pleasantly surprised with the beer margarita as well, it was really good!
It doesn't sound like it would be good. ;)
we ended up meeting Mary Poppins and a penguin.
The penguin is cute.
At that point it was after 11, and we wanted to see the 11:30 NBC show, so made our way over to the theater.
What was in the NBC show? I've never heard of it.
After the NBC show we headed back to the Tip Top Club for my mom, and this time the band was playing!

We ended up watching 4-5 songs, they were really good, and mom loved the music!
That sounds like fun but it would be way past my bed time. :)

This is the second report with what I consider unusual beer usage. You have a beer margarita and I saw one that had rum and beer. It's an interesting trend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter