Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I have what may be a confusing question....my family and I are going to be there from June 15th to the 27th. We planned on upgrading three of the four people in my traveling party's tickets to annual passes when we arrive. We are staying on site but it seems as though Magic Kingdom is booked for every day that first week we are there when I look at the annual pass calendar, including the 19th which is not a preview day. Obviously I can't book park pass reservations until after we upgrade to the passes, so I'm kind of relying on what I can see without actually having access to a booking calendar. I guess my question is, is the "bucket" for reservations different between just annual passholder and annual passholders with resort reservations? I'm a little worried that our trip will be full of park hopping which isn't that big of a deal rather just a little inconvenient. Thanks for any insight you may have!

June 19th is a preview day for DVC members, which is why that day is also booked for MK.

I am not sure why you say you can't book park pass reservations until after you upgrade, because it sounds like you already have tickets (that you are upgrading) and no matter which "bucket" you choose it also seems MK reservations are not available. I would just book something for now, for each day of your trip, and check closer as possibly some reservations may open closer to the date (hopefully). Agree that the hopping will be inconvenient depending on how many days you planned to visit MK.

because of work problems for me we decided to get our 1st every AP's last December. We'd already decided to be staying at Ft Wilderness for the 1st time every after a cruise on the Fantasy this June the weekend of the AP previews. We already had the Park Booked for the correct days and now just have to see if we can't turn that into a special anniversary moment for us.

June 19th is a preview day for DVC members, which is why that day is also booked for MK.

I am not sure why you say you can't book park pass reservations until after you upgrade, because it sounds like you already have tickets (that you are upgrading) and no matter which "bucket" you choose it also seems MK reservations are not available. I would just book something for now, for each day of your trip, and check closer as possibly some reservations may open closer to the date (hopefully). Agree that the hopping will be inconvenient depending on how many days you planned to visit MK.
Don’t you lose your park reservations upon upgrading a ticket to an AP?

Don’t you lose your park reservations upon upgrading a ticket to an AP?

The tickets I currently have are part of the package I bought so there is no park pass reservation needed with that type of ticket. So, I guess I would need to make all my park pass reservations on the day I upgrade for the entirety of my trip if I am understanding this correctly. my husband, son, and I decided to take another trip in March so it makes financial sense to upgrade our tickets to annual passes, but my college aged daughter will not be going on that future trip which is why we are upgrading just three of the four people's tickets when we get there.

This is all becoming quite difficult to figure out the logistics of everything, and to be honest while it would be fun to ride the new ride if we are lucky enough to get a 1:00 VQ it is adding another level of difficulty.

I'm sure it will be a great vacation no matter what happens :) It would kind of just be nice to have it squared away before we leave.

@travelpantfam why not wait until the last day to upgrade?
View attachment 862348

Ideally, I would like to get the dining discounts, especially since it is 20% for the majority of the time we are there and we have a fair amount of table service restaurants booked that qualify.

Also, it would be nice to try for the Tiana's 1:00 VQ drop.

Other than those reasons, I had considered that as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter