***Official July 2024 Thread***

We will be in Orlando 7/25-7/30. I have not been to WDW in about a decade - and never in July - so I am a bit terrified by all of the changes and the weather! We are staying at pop century, then at a nearby Sheraton (the name of which escapes me at the moment) for the. remainder of our trip. We have 2 day park hopper tickets, but I have NO IDEA what to prioritize. Lol. I like that the 2 days do not have to be consecutive so we can adjust for weather (in theory), but the changes to ADRs and this whole Genie thing have my head swimming.
You already know you will be hot. We have been twice in August and now going in July as well. We pack ponchos and plenty of water. We use a Brita refillable bottle. We go in the mornings (still just as hot but not as bad) and take breaks in AC for shows and other indoor rides.

I do not stay all day in the park. Just can't do it personally. So the days you have access to Pop, use the Skyliner to your advantage. Take a mid-day break for pool or other cool activity. We all love Epcot so the access to Skyliner is great. Just use your phone for the weather radar - if a thunderstorm is nearby, plan accordingly. If lightning is within so many miles, they will close the Skyliner. I'm not sure of the exact details.

You do not need to pay for Genie+ and still have a good time. It's up to you and how you plan. If you will be starting out later in the day, then it's probably worth it. If you will be there for opening, then I think you can make it work. We don't like spending more than we have to.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter