If not Victoria & Alberts, which restaurant would you choose for a special occasion?

Thank you for this! I saw the online menu and while it looked nice, it seemed basically like a 4 course dinner. I'm glad that they make it more special during the actual experience. I love French food as well so it might be perfect! Did you have a favorite dish?

I know you weren’t asking me, but I wanted to share my photos from our meal. I think it was much more than a basic 4 course meal.

We don’t drink, so were given a nonalcoholic welcome drink.

IMG_9414.jpeg

Soupe de moules aux pistils de safran
Saffron mussels soup

IMG_9415.jpeg

Coquilles Saint Jacques au potimarron et sirop d’érable
Seared scallops served with maple pumpkin velouté

IMG_9417.jpeg

My husband had something similar to an onion tart instead of a fish course

IMG_9416.jpeg

Filet de bœuf rôti, fricassée de cèpes, pomme de terre mousseline, sauce Bordelaise
Center cut beef tenderloins grilled, porcini fricassee, mashed potatoes mousseline, Bordelaise sauce

IMG_9418.jpeg

IMG_9419.jpeg

The cheese plate, you each get your own

IMG_9420.jpeg

Sphère de chocolat au lait, glace au chocolat, sauce tiède au chocolat et cognac
Chocolate almond cake, chocolate cream, hazelnut biscuit, chocolate ice cream, warm chocolate Cognac sauce

IMG_9421.jpeg

And the final desserts

IMG_9424.jpeg

The soup & scallops were delicious. I could have licked the plates, lol. My husband thought his nonfish courses were really good as well. I didn’t get pictures of the bread service or palate cleanser.

The service was excellent as well. I assume the same as V&A. Each person is presented their course at the same time by multiple servers. The presentation of the chocolate sphere is really fun. The meal took about 2.5- 3 hours. And the view of the Epcot fireworks is amazing.

Last edited:
@Steffii you asked if I would choose California grill over narcoossee and for me the answer is no because I have to eat GF and the pre-fix menu just doesn’t give me enough options to choose from and I don’t like to always eat so many courses. California grill used to be a favorite of our but not anymore. We will go up there and sit at the bar when we stay on the monorail loop if they have space and get a nice cocktail and order from the bar menu which is not prix fixe.

With no budget, I would either do Takumi Tei or the Omakase experience at Morimoto Asia. Both are longer experiences with elevated food.

For our 40th Anniversary, we went to Kiko and really were pleased with our choice. DS and DDIL went to California Grill for their anniversary, and felt it was too "busy" and loud.

I know you weren’t asking me, but I wanted to share my photos from our meal. I think it was much more than a basic 4 course meal.

We don’t drink, so were given a nonalcoholic welcome drink.

View attachment 857492

Soupe de moules aux pistils de safran
Saffron mussels soup

View attachment 857493

Coquilles Saint Jacques au potimarron et sirop d’érable
Seared scallops served with maple pumpkin velouté

View attachment 857494

My husband had something similar to an onion tart instead of a fish course

View attachment 857495

Filet de bœuf rôti, fricassée de cèpes, pomme de terre mousseline, sauce Bordelaise
Center cut beef tenderloins grilled, porcini fricassee, mashed potatoes mousseline, Bordelaise sauce

View attachment 857496

View attachment 857504

The cheese plate, you each get your own

View attachment 857497

Sphère de chocolat au lait, glace au chocolat, sauce tiède au chocolat et cognac
Chocolate almond cake, chocolate cream, hazelnut biscuit, chocolate ice cream, warm chocolate Cognac sauce

View attachment 857498

And the final desserts

View attachment 857499

The soup & scallops were delicious. I could have licked the plates, lol. My husband thought his nonfish courses were really good as well. I didn’t get pictures of the bread service or palate cleanser.

The service was excellent as well. I assume the same as V&A. Each person is presented their course at the same time by multiple servers. The presentation of the chocolate sphere is really fun. The meal took about 2.5- 3 hours. And the view of the Epcot fireworks is amazing.
Wow wow WOW!! Thank you so much for sharing. The food looks so delicious and elevated! I’m definitely looking to this dinner with the SO :)

@Steffii you asked if I would choose California grill over narcoossee and for me the answer is no because I have to eat GF and the pre-fix menu just doesn’t give me enough options to choose from and I don’t like to always eat so many courses. California grill used to be a favorite of our but not anymore. We will go up there and sit at the bar when we stay on the monorail loop if they have space and get a nice cocktail and order from the bar menu which is not prix fixe.
Thank you! Im probably going to skip California Grill for a Grand Floridian restaurant one night after the parks :)

With no budget, I would either do Takumi Tei or the Omakase experience at Morimoto Asia. Both are longer experiences with elevated food.
Thanks! I love sushi but also have pretty high standards after living in Japan for a little bit. Im less particular about French food. Right now its a toss up between TT and MP. :) thank you for the rec!

California Grill IMO. Weekend. After 7pm. Been to both

Also quick question.

Is it weird having a 9:15pm reservation to Topolinos? When they close at 9:30? Are servers annoyed?

California Grill IMO. Weekend. After 7pm. Been to both

Also quick question.

Is it weird having a 9:15pm reservation to Topolinos? When they close at 9:30? Are servers annoyed?
We often take the last reservation of the night, which is usually 5 minutes before the listed closing time. There are generally still plenty of guests and we've never had a waiter be rude about it. In discussion with a few servers over the years, it seems like they expect that "closing" time is pretty much "last seating" time and they will be there for another hour or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter