Girls Trip Take 2 - Labor Day Weekend 2021 and Christmas 2021 Trip

The decorations at the Contemporary were back to normal this past December. We were very happy to see that.
:thumbsup2
Worried he would sleep too long.
And then get into mischief.
I think I might know someone who would do that.
:rolleyes2
She goes back and forth every year at this time. She really wanted to move out of food service but has had no luck. She also really misses family. I know she is going to miss her life in Orlando too. She has had so many great experiences.
Tough call. Hopefully it will be the right one for her.
She was finally able to do the Sunrise Yoga at MK this morning. She was set to do it last year and it started raining and they didn't get to finish. She's gong to miss stuff like that.
I saw that! Sounds like she enjoyed it.

Hooray for a CM preview! I'm sure Danielle and Michelle will have a fabulous time.

And WOW, that party looks amazing!

I know it wasn't an easy decision for Danielle to leave, but I am sure whatever this next season of life brings her she will thrive in.
I'm happy to hear the girls will get to preview Tiana's and have the opportunity to share a birthday trip. It sounds like it's going to be a great way to celebrate the end of a career journey before July hits and the nitty gritty of moving happens.

And then get into mischief.

Sure, if that's what you want to believe.

Tough call. Hopefully it will be the right one for her.

Time will only tell.

I saw that! Sounds like she enjoyed it.

She loved it. Early this morning she did a Cast Preview of the new Disney Springs drone show. We have plans to see it when we go in July. These are the things she's really going to miss when she leaves.

Hooray for a CM preview! I'm sure Danielle and Michelle will have a fabulous time.

I'm sure they will try their hardest.

And WOW, that party looks amazing!

Thank you! It was Covid so we had time to put a lot of effort into it.

I know it wasn't an easy decision for Danielle to leave, but I am sure whatever this next season of life brings her she will thrive in.

You heard her say it first hand how ready she is right now. I'm interested to see what she tackles next.

I'm happy to hear the girls will get to preview Tiana's and have the opportunity to share a birthday trip. It sounds like it's going to be a great way to celebrate the end of a career journey before July hits and the nitty gritty of moving happens.
I'm very glad they will get some much needed sister time and fun before the work begins. When we come in July with the 3 boys we'll all be working hard.

Wednesday, December 1, 2021-Animal Kingdom
Today we were back to park touring. Animal Kingdom was open 8-7 with early entry at 7:30. We had a lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti @ 11:30. Danielle would be leaving us early again today to work in Epcot. We also planned on hitting Epcot to visit Danielle since AK was closing so early.

Our plan was to go to Flight of Passage if we made it to the park before 7:30. The All Stars are very close to Animal Kingdom, so surely this wouldn't be a problem. We did not make it to the park for 7:30. We were passing the beautiful AK Christmas tree at 7:48 am, so not too bad.

1716431650075.png

And of course we passed in front of the Tree of Life as we made our way to Pandora. Isn't she lovely? It was also an absolutely beautiful day with nice crisp temps.

1716431760985.png

The line for FOP was way too long so we looked around a little and got in line for Navi.
1716431841156.png

1716431873738.png

1716431909605.png

It was a nice relaxing way to start our day.

We used the entrance from Pandora to Africa to make our way to Kilimanjaro Safaris. It was about 8:12 am when we got there and the wait was only showing 5 minutes.
1716432031680.png

We had a lovely ride with lots of animals out and about. These pelicans caught my eye. They look so colorless. Have they always been so bland?

1716432122831.png

We had a wonderful view of this giraffe.

1716432210297.png

The flamingos were as lovely as ever.

1716432255691.png

The warthogs weren't hiding which I think was a first for me. They are usually in their den are way in the back.

1716432313577.png

I think this was the first time we had seen the goats.

Continued in next post. . .

1716432564063.png
We shopped a little and I made a point to take pictures of the Christmas decorations especially the trees. There are Christmas trees everywhere.

1716432757762.png

1716432776969.png
1716432801896.png

1716432828029.png

I'm looking at these pictures and seeing more signs of the Covid protocols, reminders to put your masks on indoors and a lot less merchandise. The stores now have so many displays it's hard to get through the stores.

We passed back in front of the Tree of Life as we made our way to Dinoland.
Dinosaur was calling to Dennis and Danielle.

1716433060329.png
Dennis and Danielle rode while I walked around to get some more photos. They entered the queue right before 9 am.

I took a few photos in Dinoland, caught Pocahontas floating by and got some of the 50th statues.

1716433280925.png

1716433300205.png
1716433318634.png

1716433352171.png

Continued in next post.

1716433494701.png

1716433517669.png

Their ride did not take long at all. We also did not get their ride photo. We were ordering a light breakfast at Creature Comforts by 9:18 am. The receipt shows we got a Cheese Danish, Chocolate Croissant, Cream Brule Frappuccino, ham & cheese croissant, a hot chocolate and an iced green tea. That doesn't sound like a light breakfast does it?
1716433759152.png

1716433780396.png
We took our time over breakfast because our next attraction didn't start until 10:30 and wasn't far away.

Love your Christmas photos from AK but boy am I glad we no longer have covid restrictions. I spent so much time trying to de-mist my glasses during that time as wearing the mask made them steam up . Do they still have characters float by nowadays? Some things from that time were good like the impromptu cavalcades . It looks like a beautiful winter morning- my favourite kind of day :goodvibes

I’ve been following along on Danielle’s IG and saw her sunrise yoga photos. It looked like such fun. Gorgeous way to start the day. Must check out the drone story. I’m sure she will miss those things and her friends a lot but it will be nice to be around family too. Making life decisions can be hard.

I can’t believe you didn’t ride Dinosaur 🦖 :rotfl:
This park is such a favorite of mine! I’m excited for our December trip this year.

Our plan was to go to Flight of Passage if we made it to the park before 7:30.
That ride is always crazy busy... for good reason!
We were passing the beautiful AK Christmas tree at 7:48 am, so not too bad.
Not bad... but too late for FoP.
It was a nice relaxing way to start our day.
:goodvibes
We used the entrance from Pandora to Africa to make our way to Kilimanjaro Safaris.
I love that little shortcut. Real time saver.
It was about 8:12 am when we got there and the wait was only showing 5 minutes.
Really!
Wow. I remember basically sprinting to it to avoid a one hour wait.
These pelicans caught my eye. They look so colorless. Have they always been so bland?
I don't remember them that bland either. Huh!
The warthogs weren't hiding which I think was a first for me. They are usually in their den are way in the back.
Nice capture. :)
I think this was the first time we had seen the goats.
Those, I've seen. And they're usually pretty funny. You just never know what they'll be on top of.
There are Christmas trees everywhere.
I don't recall that. Then again it's been years since I was in Disney during the season.
I'm looking at these pictures and seeing more signs of the Covid protocols, reminders to put your masks on indoors and a lot less merchandise.
Thank goodness that's over. I sure hope we never have a repeat of that.
Dennis and Danielle rode while I walked around to get some more photos.
Too rough for you?
caught Pocahontas floating by
:lmao:
I was thinking "Floating? Hanging from a balloon? How?"
We were ordering a light breakfast at Creature Comforts by 9:18 am. The receipt shows we got a Cheese Danish, Chocolate Croissant, Cream Brule Frappuccino, ham & cheese croissant, a hot chocolate and an iced green tea. That doesn't sound like a light breakfast does it?
Nope! :laughing:

Love your Christmas photos from AK but boy am I glad we no longer have covid restrictions. I spent so much time trying to de-mist my glasses during that time as wearing the mask made them steam up .

Thank for reminding me about he glasses. I never did find something that really worked on defogging them.

. Do they still have characters float by nowadays? Some things from that time were good like the impromptu cavalcades .

I think I saw where the last of the characters had gone back to character meets just recently. I'll miss the boats.

I’ve been following along on Danielle’s IG and saw her sunrise yoga photos. It looked like such fun. Gorgeous way to start the day. Must check out the drone story. I’m sure she will miss those things and her friends a lot but it will be nice to be around family too. Making life decisions can be hard.

We were at dinner with Michelle and Jimmy and boys last night talking about how she's really going to miss all of that. Baton Rouge doesn't have the entertainment she has been experiencing.

I can’t believe you didn’t ride Dinosaur 🦖 :rotfl:

I thought of you as I was doing that update. Dinosaur is really a Dennis and Danielle thing and I wanted them to have that time. I also wanted to get the statue photos without them giving me lip.

This park is such a favorite of mine! I’m excited for our December trip this year.

You're going to enjoy it again. I'm so jealous. I don't have a reason to go back this year at Christmas. My bank account and stress level at that time of year will love it.

Not bad... but too late for FoP.

Exactly!

I love that little shortcut. Real time saver.

And a beautiful walk.

Really!
Wow. I remember basically sprinting to it to avoid a one hour wait.

I was surprised.

I don't recall that. Then again it's been years since I was in Disney during the season.

And you need to go back.

Too rough for you?

No really, just wanted to give Dennis and Danielle some time together. This is "their ride". I had had time with her back in September.

I was thinking "Floating? Hanging from a balloon? How?"

Mary Poppins Style?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter