Fishing,accelerating modifying and MEP

I go with Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway first. Then keep an eye on Matterhorn and Indiana Jones when the park opens.
How do you "keep an eye on" them? Don't they make G+ unavailable if they go down, so you wouldn't be able to book it for a MEP?

New to DLR, but I just spent a couple of weeks at WDW. In the WDW genie plus system, you look for something that is down and has an LL due soon. Then you modify the LL you have to that one, and hopefully get an MEP soon. I got 3 in a row that way with Nemo at Epcot, although sadly those MEPs don’t include the bangers. I assume the DLR strategy is the same . If you see a rode down, try to book an immediate LL?

How do you "keep an eye on" them? Don't they make G+ unavailable if they go down, so you wouldn't be able to book it for a MEP?
Add the MEP attractions as a Top Selections. As soon as the park opens review the app and see what displays as Temporarily Down.

Last edited:
I go with Mickey and Minnies Runaway Railway first. Then keep an eye on Matterhorn and Indiana Jones when the park opens.
I looked at the last few days of Thrill Data and chose that as my option since it looked like it hasn’t opened on time for most of the recent past. By the time we got into the park, the return time was 8:50 (this was minutes before an 8am opening) so I chose something else instead. Unfortunately, I made the wrong choice as MMRR didn’t open until around 9:30.

Ended up getting a silver tier later but ultimately the park was not that busy on Thursday that it really didn’t matter. We were able to get on literally every single G+ ride in DL plus a few more.

I looked at the last few days of Thrill Data and chose that as my option since it looked like it hasn’t opened on time for most of the recent past. By the time we got into the park, the return time was 8:50 (this was minutes before an 8am opening) so I chose something else instead. Unfortunately, I made the wrong choice as MMRR didn’t open until around 9:30.

Ended up getting a silver tier later but ultimately the park was not that busy on Thursday that it really didn’t matter. We were able to get on literally every single G+ ride in DL plus a few more.
Later LL return times before park opening usually means the attraction will be down at opening.

You can also try modifying the return time you get and refreshing for an earlier return time. Which will usually come up.

Add the MEP attractions as a Top Selections. As soon as the park opens review the app and see what displays as Temporarily Down.
I think this is where I'm getting confused. I thought the idea was to select something that *might* go down as soon as you enter the park, but that you couldn't get a G+ for something that was already down. If something is temporarily down, you can still select it?

So in this case, you could have selected MMRR on G+ for a 8:50 return time even though it was down, and then when it wasn't open at 8:50, you would have gotten an MEP, even though the return time would have been 8:50-9:50 and it was up at 9:30?

I think this is where I'm getting confused. I thought the idea was to select something that *might* go down as soon as you enter the park, but that you couldn't get a G+ for something that was already down. If something is temporarily down, you can still select it?
Yes, generally they still allow LL bookings, even while a ride is down (and sometimes the return time is immediate!). Sometimes they don't let you keep booking when a ride is down, but generally they do.

In answer to your next question, sometimes the MEP is issued before your LL window even opens, if the ride is down (maybe because they are predicting a long downtime). Sometimes the MEP isn't issued until the very end of your LL window, even if the ride has been down the entire window. It is not completely predictable when/if a MEP will be issued. I have had rides that were down until only 5 minutes were left in our LL window, and we did not get a MEP because the ride came back up!! Rarely happens but extremely frustrating if we are "fishing".

Later LL return times before park opening usually means the attraction will be down at opening.

You can also try modifying the return time you get and refreshing for an earlier return time. Which will usually come up.
I’ve noticed that the earliest G+ return time for MMRR is 8:30 every day (even if you check prior to 7am, before anyone can book) - almost like they’re anticipating being down at opening.

I’ve noticed that the earliest G+ return time for MMRR is 8:30 every day (even if you check prior to 7am, before anyone can book) - almost like they’re anticipating being down at opening.
WDW Genie+ pro. Will be at DLR at end of June. Under acceleration, I saw people talk about scanning bar code. Do you get a paper Genie+ ticket? Can you link it to your MB+ or does that mess with accelerating?

WDW Genie+ pro. Will be at DLR at end of June. Under acceleration, I saw people talk about scanning bar code. Do you get a paper Genie+ ticket? Can you link it to your MB+ or does that mess with accelerating?
You can scan your ticket in the DL app. A lot of people do that at DL since MB+ isn’t as prevalent. We use our MB+ to tap into all the rides and it works fine for accelerating.

For anyone hesitant to use acceleration, I can verify that it does work exactly as advertised.

On Friday evening, Space Mtn went down first folllowed by other temporary closures. We were able to refresh G+ for everything we wanted and ended up hitting Matterhorn, Mickey & Minnie, Indiana Jones, Space twice and Big Thunder 3 times all within a couple of hours.

Last edited:
For anyone hesitant to use acceleration, I can verify that it does work exactly as advertised.

On Friday evening, Space Mtn went down first folllowed by other temporary closures. We were able to refresh G+ for everything we wanted and ended up hitting Matterhorn, Mickey & Minnie, Space twice and Big Thunder 3 times all within a couple of hours.
I thought G+ only allowed you to get one reservation per day per G+ attraction. Didn't realize the MEP enabled you to do more than that!

I thought G+ only allowed you to get one reservation per day per G+ attraction. Didn't realize the MEP enabled you to do more than that!
You still only get one official LL reservation per day for each ride, which can be redeemed early thanks to acceleration once you have an MEP. You can use the granted MEPs to ride any ride as many times as you want, though, until you run out of MEPs.

Once the Space Mtn G+ converted to an MEP, we were able to get another set of Space passes then eventually use the MEP on the same ride after accelerating passes for Matterhorn, M&M and Indiana Jones. Each of these rides were “sold out” at the time but it just took a few swipes of refresh to eventually book them all then use them immediately.

Same with Big Thunder. Then we got in line for a 3rd ride less than 10 seconds before the park closed which took a bit of running from exit to entrance.

It was a very efficient use of a couple of hours.

You still only get one official LL reservation per day for each ride, which can be redeemed early thanks to acceleration once you have an MEP. You can use the granted MEPs to ride any ride as many times as you want, though, until you run out of MEPs.
And how do you finally "get rid of" the MEP? By using it at something you don't have a reservation for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter