Debt Dumpers 2024

It's not a character flaw, it's a lifetime of conditioning.

I spent 2hrs in a ball crying on my bathroom floor because of the shame asking for help caused. This is what I'm up against. There was an entire generation of us trained to be this way (at least, where I'm from). I shudder to think of what my parents generation have been hiding.

I only mention this here, in the hopes that those people with kids may read it and learn something. Maybe the next generation can be better adjusted.
I wasn't meaning to suggest it was a flaw at all, apologies if that is how it came across.

Our pasts certainly mess us up! I don't have children - partly because I didn't want to pass on my "challenges".

I wasn't meaning to suggest it was a flaw at all, apologies if that is how it came across.

Our pasts certainly mess us up! I don't have children - partly because I didn't want to pass on my "challenges".
Right there with you! Personally I think I probably need therapy, but who can afford that? I'm sure my parents have no idea how damaged I turned out... They were doing their best, given the generational damaged caused to them by their families. I'm making a conscious effort to "be better", but it's a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be...

Ever since having kids it's made me realize just how messed up my childhood was in many ways. In all honesty, it's definitely changed how I parent. The biggest one is not forcing my kids to "clean their plate". It's caused me so many issues with healthy eating habits as an adult and finally at 38, I learned it's okay to not finish the meal when you're full.

My middle kiddo had her dance recital today. She's 7 and took 2 classes this year for the first time, so she had 2 numbers to learn. She did so good! She absolutely adored her teacher (I did too, she was amazing) and insisted we spoil her with end of year gifts, so we did.

This was going to be her last year at that studio since we moved 45 mins away. She wants to do gymnastics at the local gym here, which we love (we did their homeschool class, but will move to regular classes this fall), but now she's saying she still really wants to do another year of jazz. So, it looks like we have some decisions to make this summer.

My oldest has softball 3 times this week, practice Monday, a double header Tuesday, and another game Thursday, so apparently we're living at the ball park this week.

May has been weird money wise. I'm finally getting re-organized and will revisit my post from Jan for an actual mid-year update.

Ever since having kids it's made me realize just how messed up my childhood was in many ways. In all honesty, it's definitely changed how I parent. The biggest one is not forcing my kids to "clean their plate". It's caused me so many issues with healthy eating habits as an adult and finally at 38, I learned it's okay to not finish the meal when you're full.
Agree my parents were restrictive about the amount of food that I ate and would shame me if they felt I ate too much.

Not much of an update but some progress.

Financial Goals
The CDL training is taking forever!! Hubby's unemployment benefits are done but thankfully he was able to get a job at Home Depot for now. He takes his test for the CDL next week! So that's exciting!

Unfortunately, its put us behind on getting one month ahead on everything. Right now I'm about 2 weeks ahead. Once we pay off the cruise, we should be easily able to get one month ahead. We have paid down 55% of the cruise. We have the money to pay the balance but are leaving it in our HYSA for as long as possible. Plus holding out for some good Disney gift card deals!

Still slowly but surely on track to pay down the car & DVC Loan early too!

Personal Goals
I've been doing okay with bringing in lunch to work! I did have a not so great week last week - ordered 3 times because I forgot my lunch. But I made sure to order cheaper options, so I stayed under $40 total

Still terrible at meal prepping/planning dinner. I really hate having to decide what to eat everyday!!! Its exhausting!

Increased my credit score by 35 points in the last month!

I booked two more trips for friends... so quitting the travel agency thing hasn't quite worked out yet either LOL
Financial Goals
-Pay off my credit cards: $1,687 ✅
-Increase my contributions to my 401k ✅
-Save 20-25% of my paychecks ✅
-Pay off my Car this year (2 years early)
-Pay off our DVC Loan
-Get one month ahead on all bills
-Pay off our Sept DCL Cruise✅
- Pay off July Trip ✅

My plan to pay off my car 2 years early is looking more like only 1.5 years early but I'm ok with that.
We paid off our cruise and squeezed in another trip for this July :rolleyes1

Right there with you! Personally I think I probably need therapy, but who can afford that? I'm sure my parents have no idea how damaged I turned out... They were doing their best, given the generational damaged caused to them by their families. I'm making a conscious effort to "be better", but it's a lot harder than I ever imagined it would be...
Have you inquired to your health insurance company as to what your copay would be?
I got both of my kids counseling for far lesser things. I found where to go based on a provider search on our insurance company’s website. I think our copay was like $15-30 per visit depending where they went.
Don’t wait and suffer needlessly. At least find out what out of pocket costs you might have before deciding it’s not affordable, rather than assuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter