DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

As an aside, I’m not the only one surprised by how tightly lidded this still is, am I? I haven’t followed DAS news until now, but I stay up to date on most WDW news and rumors and can’t think of another time in years that a big change was coming and there weren’t leaks ahead of it. Not a peep about details for non-DAS alternative accommodations at almost 2 days out is wild.
Technically, we have heard a lot of rumors that may turn out to be leaks (though have generally been dismissed)…and we have seen at least some of the alternative accommodations that can be offered listed on the Disney sites.

I hope that we start getting better (accurate!) information on Sunday, but one way to slow down people abusing the system would be to require NDAs for everybody getting accommodations and if I was Disney I would seriously consider implementing a policy that discourages sharing accommodations on social media (1) to stop/slow fakers and prevent legitimate DAS-using influencers from jeopardizing the sustainability of the system to earn social media clout, (2) to reduce anti-DAS backlash from non-DAS busybodies, and (3) to stop some DAS guests for shrieking about “discrimination” if they don’t qualify for the accommodation they prefer but a different condition/guest does.

Technically, we have heard a lot of rumors that may turn out to be leaks (though have generally been dismissed)…and we have seen at least some of the alternative accommodations that can be offered listed on the Disney sites.

I hope that we start getting better (accurate!) information on Sunday, but one way to slow down people abusing the system would be to require NDAs for everybody getting accommodations and if I was Disney I would seriously consider implementing a policy that discourages sharing accommodations on social media (1) to stop/slow fakers and prevent legitimate DAS-using influencers from jeopardizing the sustainability of the system to earn social media clout, (2) to reduce anti-DAS backlash from non-DAS busybodies, and (3) to stop some DAS guests for shrieking about “discrimination” if they don’t qualify for the accommodation they prefer but a different condition/guest does.
I would imagine there would be significant issues with the ADA if Disney required disabled people to sign an NDA in order to receive accessibility accommodations.

We've been asked so much by the mods to stop statements like this.

I would imagine there would be significant issues with the ADA if Disney required disabled people to sign an NDA in order to receive accessibility accommodations.

We've been asked so much by the mods to stop statements like this.
Which statement specifically do you think violates the request not to speculate about accommodations? Or did you think me pointing out that there are significant upsides to telling people they can’t discuss the details of their specific accommodations was in conflict with another request?

I’m not aware of any provision of the ADA that requires anyone going above and beyond the minimum required by the ADA from sharing about it on social media, are you?

I’m not aware of any provision of the ADA that requires anyone going above and beyond the minimum required by the ADA from sharing about it on social media, are you?
We as guests aren't requesting an "above and beyond the ADA" accommodation. Guests wirh developmental disabilities under this new program who are requesting *accommodations* are told to do a video call ahead of time, and Disney determines whether or not to provide an accommodation. Non-disabled guests are not required to sign an NDA in order to access the park. It would be discriminatory for WDW to tell disabled people that qualify for the accommodation that *disney* has determined is appropriate for their needs that they are required to sign an NDA because of Disney's decision for how to accommodate them when no other park guests are required to sign an NDA to go to Disney Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter