ChatGPT Cheats

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Various online courses have been blighted with ChatGPT cheats, making the online AI tool do their work for them. This is annoying for anyone who has actually done the leg work. Interestingly, Universities/Accredited Bodies now have an "AI Detector" tool that will even pick up AI generated text even if you paraphrase it. Score one for the awarding bodies, big problem for the cheats!

Various online courses have been blighted with ChatGPT cheats, making the online AI tool do their work for them. This is annoying for anyone who has actually done the leg work. Interestingly, Universities/Accredited Bodies now have an "AI Detector" tool that will even pick up AI generated text even if you paraphrase it. Score one for the awarding bodies, big problem for the cheats!
I wonder how they pick it up if you paraphrase the generated text? It seems like that would be more difficult to find accurately. I would hope that no diligent scholars get caught up with the cheaters. It would be a good idea to keep a thorough bibliography and source list in case you had to prove you really did the work. I assume AI doesn’t provide any of the sources it used to compile the generated text, correct?

I am glad they are finding ways to crack down on AI cheaters, but I do want them to be accurate about it and have an appeals process in place if a student is falsely accused.

I wonder how they pick it up if you paraphrase the generated text? It seems like that would be more difficult to find accurately. I would hope that no diligent scholars get caught up with the cheaters. It would be a good idea to keep a thorough bibliography and source list in case you had to prove you really did the work. I assume AI doesn’t provide any of the sources it used to compile the generated text, correct?

I am glad they are finding ways to crack down on AI cheaters, but I do want them to be accurate about it and have an appeals process in place if a student is falsely accused.
I agree. Well, not much more to add really!

[ETA] Just noticed, ChatGPT has just been updated to a far more human version, far more intricate and detailed. This could pose a threat to the detectors.

I don't need an AI detector. The stuff I get that's generated by AI is clearly not the work of a college freshman, which is the level I teach. And my students don't use AI to have something to paraphrase; that would mean additional work, which is what they are trying to avoid in the first place. They simply copy and paste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter