The Widow, Spinster, Missus and her Boy Toy celebrate new beginnings at WDW - Who's the VIP now? We are! 5/23

I'm not going to bother quoting as I would copy every single pic Alison posted but dinner was exquisite! We were so well taken care of...nothing was fussy but it was all elegant. I think Alison and I agreed on our thoughts of every course. If you enjoy fine dining, definitely try V&A once. It is incredible. Two weeks after we dined there, V&A was awarded its first Michelin Star which is like the Oscar of the fine dining world. It was incredibly well deserved. Can't wait to do it again (after I save up more funds!)

Jill in CO

It was hard to note quote every single picture and comment, but:
z24WDW0403AK22.jpg
The fireplace is so pretty! I don't think of purple as a common colour for those!

Great picture of you two, the dress is just SO en pointe!

But the servers were top notch, the timing was impeccable
So happy to hear this after the last fine dining experience in Napa!

ach table had a set up like this at the end of the table so that the servers had all our glasses at their fingertips.

z24WDW0403VA08.jpg
Now that is just great- how perfect!

These are darling and I loved the close-ups as well!

If you’d have told me I’d be eating potato chips at V&A’s I’d have said you were nuts!
Something I def didn't expect to read, and also that you loved them!

We were both a little disappointed with the bread service
I'm glad everything else hit it out of the park!

What a perfect looking butter egg!

I love all the cutlery rests!
Then the server poured the chili sauce between the two bites. It had a very small kick.

z24WDW0403VA25.jpg
The servers were very involved in the experience it seems!

Rabbit Cappelletti, Sugar Snaps, Saffron.
I'm not sure about this one, as I haven't eaten rabbit much, but sounds like it was a hit!

Our next course was pretty fabulous. It was Wild Boar, Rhubarb, and Broccolini.
That one indeed sounded great!

Another pretty cutlery presentation!

That looks just perfect indeed, thanks for explaining the scale as well!

and it was served in a sauce of Florida Guava and Pine Berries.
Did you enjoy the sauce?
“Candied Carrot, Hazelnut Praline, Cocoa Soil”. I wasn’t sure that I would like this, but it was super good, and I even sopped up the cocoa soil with the carrot filling.

z24WDW0403VA46.jpg
I feel like I would have been a bit weary as well, neat to hear how much you enjoyed it!

Mango Pavlova, Serrano Pepper, Chantilly. These were delightful little puffs of goodness!

z24WDW0403VA47.JPG
I wonder how I would have enjoyed these, given I don't always love mango
Lemon Ganache Square

z24WDW0403VA51.jpg
Now these look just perfect! were they tart?

I could have written much more, but suffice to say this experience is for sure going on my bucket list!

Thank you for the lovely write up, how were the wine pairings overall?

I always love "It's a Small Mexico!"
Yes! And I had not been on it in many years!
Another place I missed! I though they were only at the GF.
Yeah, it was a surprise to us to find them there as well!
You were in it for the long haul!
::yes:: I follow through on what I begin! :laughing:
The food there is excellent!
It sure was! :thumbsup2
I love that Polynesian Pearl.
It is pretty tasty!
Go Alison!!
:woohoo:
Oh my gosh, I would be DYING!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Especially in our inebriated state, we were laughing pretty hard!

Makes you wonder where the gators are… better check the hot tub!
No, I'm sure that they can't get through the screen on the patio. :rolleyes1
Pour timing.

:rolleyes:

On whose part? We sat by the comfy fire all afternoon!

“As well”???

What else did they take??

As well as the pictures Jeanette took of us......

Interesting. I don’t think I skipped a bite. I sure was full after, though!

I've learned not to eat everything, especially if it's not as good as something I had before, or something to come.

Funny how it’s okay when not forced on you.

Ahem.

Oh!
I need to revisit, then.

Yes, you do! I think it's something that should be done every five years, or when your pocketbook recovers.

Huh. Not sure if I’d be interested in that or not… but I’d definitely be curious.

You would probably like it better than the wine pairings.

No! I’m shocked!! Shocked!

:lmao:

That’s new.

I'm not sure it's new for the Queen Victoria room, this was my first time dining there, but they don't do it for the main dining room. They have a sideboard with all the glasses (or they did).

That sounds so fascinating! Would never have thought they’d go together at all.

We were quite surprised as well.

I don’t even understand how you could do that.

I'm guessing the sunflower seeds were not all the way ripe. They were very crunchy as a risotto.

Is it the dot at about 6 o’clock?
I think that is the same sauce that it at the top of the plate. Maybe that's what the sauce was made of.
One of the few places in North America that serve it.

Probably......

Another combination that surprised me.

Yes, there were actually lots of surprises, but most were good!

No, I'm sure that they can't get through the screen on the patio. :rolleyes1
Boring! Where’s the fun in that???
On whose part? We sat by the comfy fire all afternoon!
Note I said “pour” timing, not poor timing.
I've learned not to eat everything, especially if it's not as good as something I had before, or something to come.
You is wise.
Yes, you do! I think it's something that should be done every five years, or when your pocketbook recovers.
Which might be longer.
You would probably like it better than the wine pairings.
Maybe so… unless I told them white only?
I'm not sure it's new for the Queen Victoria room, this was my first time dining there, but they don't do it for the main dining room. They have a sideboard with all the glasses (or they did).
Ah! Maybe so?
I'm guessing the sunflower seeds were not all the way ripe. They were very crunchy as a risotto.
Interesting. But then again the whole meal was interesting too

I'm not going to bother quoting as I would copy every single pic Alison posted but dinner was exquisite! We were so well taken care of...nothing was fussy but it was all elegant.

We should wait a while before we do another fine dining experience, maybe 126 days? :scratchin

I think Alison and I agreed on our thoughts of every course. If you enjoy fine dining, definitely try V&A once. It is incredible. Two weeks after we dined there, V&A was awarded its first Michelin Star which is like the Oscar of the fine dining world. It was incredibly well deserved. Can't wait to do it again (after I save up more funds!)

So glad they got their star!

The fireplace is so pretty! I don't think of purple as a common colour for those!
I'm not sure I even noticed that it was purple, and I stayed there all week! :laughing:
Great picture of you two, the dress is just SO en pointe!
Thanks!
So happy to hear this after the last fine dining experience in Napa!
That's why I put that in there! I had just posted comments to the lousy experience and thought I better that out of the way right away.
Now that is just great- how perfect!
Made for a super smooth service!
These are darling and I loved the close-ups as well!
And they were so tasty too!
Something I def didn't expect to read, and also that you loved them!
The servers said that those chips were super off-limits in the kitchen because everyone wanted to eat them!
I'm glad everything else hit it out of the park!
It was definitely a meal to remember!
What a perfect looking butter egg!
I know! How do they make that? I'm sure with a mold.
I love all the cutlery rests!
That's why I took all the pictures!
The servers were very involved in the experience it seems!
Very miuch so. They were right there and very attentive, but not obnoxious and overbearing.
I'm not sure about this one, as I haven't eaten rabbit much, but sounds like it was a hit!
Tastes like chicken! 😂
That one indeed sounded great!
Did I admit that I only took one bite of the broccolini? Too bitter for me.
Another pretty cutlery presentation!
We did NOT need that heavy duty knife, the meat almost cut itself.
That looks just perfect indeed, thanks for explaining the scale as well!
You're welcome! :teeth:
Did you enjoy the sauce?
I think so. I spread it on the cracker.
I feel like I would have been a bit weary as well, neat to hear how much you enjoyed it!
Yeah, they had great pacing with portions and everythings.
I wonder how I would have enjoyed these, given I don't always love mango
They tasted more like pavlova than mango.
Now these look just perfect! were they tart?
Honestly I don't remember. Everything was so tasty and it was all just one bite, except maybe the opera cake. I just remembered that each one was good and they all brought a completely different flavor to the table.
I could have written much more, but suffice to say this experience is for sure going on my bucket list!
It definitely should. Anyone who enjoys a fantastic meal should try and do V&A's, it's such an experience!
Thank you for the lovely write up, how were the wine pairings overall?

They were fantastic! My only complaint is that they weren't larger! :laughing:

On Thursday morning, I woke up at 4:06AM, but I was able to coax myself back to sleep for another hour and half or so, waking up at 6AM. I tried to take a bath in the tub, but even though I filled it up at least two inches like the maintenance guy told me, the bubbles still wouldn't start. I even asked Jill later, once she woke up, to try and it wouldn’t start for her either.

I ended up in the hot tub. When I came out into the main room in my bathing suit, Jenny was sitting on the couch. I guess she couldn’t sleep either. “You’re going in the Hot Tub?” She asked, and totally startled me! I had no idea that anyone else was awake. I didn’t take any pictures while I was in there, I was just living in the moment, but luckily Jenny did, so you get to see the beautiful sunrise.

z24WDW0404TD01.jpg

Now when I woke up this morning, I found a text from one of my tenants that the exterior lights in the building never came on the night before. I thought that was pretty odd, but decided I better call an electrician to check the sensors on the building, since they are operated by an electronic eye. It was still to early to call the West Coast so I put a reminder in my phone to take care of that.

After the hot tub, I took a quick shower to get the chlorine off of me, and then got dressed. Today we had a very special experience. An East Coast Club 33 member, whom I was lucky enough to make friends with through a random acquaintance, offered a VIP tour to me. Actually he offered it to Fran and myself several years ago, but with the pandemic and all we were not able to take advantage of it. We were actually supposed to have the tour last year on the trip where she never made it.

After she passed, he told me that the offer still stood, and it was such a generous offer, I was stunned. So with a VIP tour today our plan was to start the tour at 1:30PM in Epcot and finish just in time for the fireworks at MK. After much planning, today was the day!

I didn’t take any pictures, but we had a fun time getting to the parks on this day. Our plan was to start off in France and make Remy our first ride of the day. So in preparation for a long day, I wanted to have lunch at Le Creperie. We had a reservation for 11:50AM and while I was snoozing in bed, I realized that the easiest way to get there and minimize walking would be to take a bus to DHS and take the skyliner to Epcot from there. We could enter through the International Gateway and be just a few steps from France.

Here we are entering from the International Gateway.

z24WDW0404TD02.jpg

z24WDW0404TD03.jpg

We got these pictures of the topianes in France and went to be seated for our lunch reservation.

z24WDW0404TD04.jpg

z24WDW0404TD05.jpg

z24WDW0404TD06.jpg

z24WDW0404TD07.jpg

Both Jill and I, and Jenny and Michael split the Prix Fixe menu, respectively. Jill let me have the vegetable soup.

z24WDW0404TD08.jpg

I let her have the beverage it came with. Neither of us took a pictures of it, so i stole this from the Interwebs.

Lemonade.jpg

We split the Savoyarde crepe, which was Raclette Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Bacon, Imported Bayonne Ham. It was delicious!

z24WDW0404TD10.jpg

Jenny and Michael split the Poulet, which contained Chicken, Bechamel Cheese Sauce, Mushrooms. It was also delicious!

z24WDW0404TD09.jpg

For dessert we all decided on the Apple crepe with caramel sauce, and split each one respectively. Also super delicious!

z24WDW0404TD11.jpg

Feeling like we needed additional caffeine, Michael and I each got a Cappuccino from Les Halles, and then we went to meet our VIP tour guide outside the gift shop near the International Gateway. We ended up with a guide named Seth who was just the most fun guy and could not have been a more perfect fit for our group!

Our plan was to start off riding Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. He took our picture in front of the fountain before we rode the ride, and then we went on Ratatouille. It was the first time for both Jill and Michael and they loved it!

z24WDW0404TD12.jpg

After the ride we took a few photopass photos.

z24WDW0404TD13.jpg

z24WDW0404TD14.jpg

Then we learned the wonder of Seth and a VIP tour at WDW. He knew that we were all Disneyland locals, and he anticipated that we would want to ride all the rides that we don’t have at home. So we walked from France past the UK (where I snapped these pictures of the Pooh and friends topiaries) and out the gates where you get to the building for the Party of the Senses, or other multi use gatherings.

z24WDW0404TD15.jpg

z24WDW0404TD16.jpg

He had parked his van backstage so that we didn’t have to walk all the way over to Future World where we would ride Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. We boarded the van and drove over to a parking lot right behind that attraction, so we hardly had to walk much at all. It was during this drive that we learned that Seth was a huge fan of Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, was a theater geek, and both he and Michael shared a love for Quasimodo (both of their’s favorite character). At this point, he called us “his people.”

When we got out of the Suburban, we were greeted by the VIP tours interns bearing snacks. I chose a Mickey Head rice krispy treat which I stowed in the car for later. As we came out of backstage, I saw this. I loved this sign, if you’ve been on the Guardians ride you get it.

z24WDW0404TD17.jpg

We were going to try and ride Test Track, but it went down, just as we approached the ride. These VIP guides have a special language of their own, where they alert each other of things like this without actually saying that the ride is down. Another tour guide who was leaving the attraction somehow signaled him, so we didn’t even bother getting into the line. We were able to flee before they started evacuating the queue and beat the hoards looking for a new ride to descend upon.

z24WDW0404TD18.jpg

So we rode Guardians and the song we got was Disco Inferno.

z24WDW0404TD19.jpg

After this ride, we got back into the van and headed over towards Hollywood Studios. We parked backstage, and came out into the courtyard for Rockin’ Roller Coaster, which unfortunately was down for refurbishment this trip.

While everyone else, was choosing from a different array of snacks, I called the electrician and left a message that I needed someone to take a look at the building.

We were going to ride Tower of Terror, but it had a 100 minute wait for the lightning lane. So we headed over to Slinky Dog.

z24WDW0404TD20.jpg

z24WDW0404TD21.jpg

z24WDW0404TD22.jpg

z24WDW0404TD23.jpg

z24WDW0404TD24.jpg

Evidently I don’t know where the camera is on this ride….

z24WDW0404TD25.jpg

By the time we got back to the street where Tower of Terror is, the ride had gone down.

z24WDW0404TD26.jpg

Jenny and I had to pee, which was practically the story of this TR, but I’m just not writing about every time we had to stop. By the time we came out of the potty, the ride was back up and we were able to get on it with a minimal wait!

z24WDW0404TD27.jpg

z24WDW0404TD28.jpg

There is something in the bottom of this sign (I can’t remember what it said), but I tried to take a picture of it. Maybe this will prompt someone to look for themselves when they ride it!

z24WDW0404TD29.jpg

z24WDW0404TD30.jpg

We exited the park through a secret door in the basement of the tower and were back to our Suburban. Engine running and AC blaring!

Next stop was Animal Kingdom. But I’ll be back with that one later!

Hey Folks! In case you are interested, I started a new Trip Report in my adventures in Germany and Austria. You can read about it here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter