ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

My ROFR passing email says this "You will be receiving your closing paperwork from the title company via email once they receive the seller’s account information from DVC, complete the title search and create the final documents. Generally, this is about 1 week prior to the closing date." closing date is 06/24
I don't think we even have a closing date established yet.

I don't think we even have a closing date established yet.

The closing date should be in your initial contract. That doesn't mean that you can't close sooner if everything is in and ready to go, but that is the date that they must close the contract or you, as a buyer, can cancel the sale and get your deposit back.

Sellers just have to get documents in in time to meet that deadline..

I've seen verbiage in my contracts concerning a compensation of $20 per point missing if discovered after the fact, so in your case they caught it before closing, were you able to adjust the offering price to compensate for the missing 80 points?

Mine from www.Fidelity.com is actually 25$. Which is enough that I wouldn't actually be upset if there was a mistake.

"26. DISNEY VACATION CLUB POINTS: Should the Seller use any of the points listed in this contract prior to transfer the Seller will pay the Buyer a rental fee of $25.00 per point that is used."

The closing date should be in your initial contract. That doesn't mean that you can't close sooner if everything is in and ready to go, but that is the date that they must close the contract or you, as a buyer, can cancel the sale and get your deposit back.

Sellers just have to get documents in in time to meet that deadline..
Thanks, referred back and it says within 65 days. Our last one was within 60, but closed in almost half that, so I was hoping this one would as well.

Thanks, referred back and it says within 65 days. Our last one was within 60, but closed in almost half that, so I was hoping this one would as well.
I’m at day 52 with my first contract, passed ROFR three weeks ago, and the sellers still haven’t signed closing docs. And my second contract didn’t get sent to ROFR until 18 days after initially said. Hopefully your contracts go smoother!😂 I am starting to get doubtful either of mine will close within the original timeframe.

I’m at day 52 with my first contract, passed ROFR three weeks ago, and the sellers still haven’t signed closing docs. And my second contract didn’t get sent to ROFR until 18 days after initially said. Hopefully your contracts go smoother!😂 I am starting to get doubtful either of mine will close within the original timeframe.
That’s such a bummer, I’m sorry your experiences purchasing resale haven’t been the best. We probably have unrealistic expectations since the first one went so smoothly. The most annoying part was getting Disney to load the points!

That’s such a bummer, I’m sorry your experiences purchasing resale haven’t been the best. We probably have unrealistic expectations since the first one went so smoothly. The most annoying part was getting Disney to load the points!
I just keep reminding myself “this patience is saving you tens of thousands of dollars.” It is probably worth it!😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter