Plantar Fasciitis

DH and I have been suffering with this the last 6 months. We have been to Disney several times. What has helped is to bring different “recovery” shoes for the hotel so we are never barefoot. We also use KT tape. It isn’t a miracle worker but it gives extra support to the foot. Lots of videos on YouTube on how best to apply the tape.

Definitely use a wheelchair or ECV. I know there are many supportive sneakers but if you need a sandal that helps (and doesn't cost 100.00) try Coface sandals (Amazon), Nice arch support.

I used to have it so bad I needed flip flops to get out of bed to walk to the bathroom. I got one of those boots that stretches your PF and wore it on both feet, and I also upgraded the type of shoes I wear. Knock on wood, I haven't had a bout in almost 10 years.

When my shoes get worn, I replace them. I currently sport ON Cloudmonster shoes, and I highly recommend them. I can tell when I'm wearing "dress shoes" at trade shows, for example, that I would be in pain wearing them for long periods. So I find the most sneaker-y dress shoes possible, or just wear sneakers.

Good luck. But stretch them out no matter what, I promise it helps!

I would definitely try massage therapy first and then acupuncture if the massage therapy "wears off". I had massage therapy and it was incredible but wore off after a few treatments. DH had acupuncture in his back and it was miraculous. I would definitely get an ECV as well. You can both enjoy your vacation. :love:

If you’re going to be driving, you could bring your own since the cost to rent one is quite high. Check out FB, Craig’s List, or local adds for a used one. You could use it on your trip or at home when she has a flare up. If you rent at the theme park, you won’t be able to leave the park with it. If you have your own, you get to use it for shopping or other places of interest while in Florida. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter