Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the Arusha Rock area of this resort is ECV/Wheelchair accessible? If so, how do you get there? I know there is the 2 staircases but the elevator is on the other side of the build IIRC.

I'd like to know this also. Last time I stayed at Jambo was "pre-ECV" and I agree, I don't know either. And the elevator that I know that does go downstairs is not only way far away, I can't figure out how to get to Arusha Rock from there.
You take the same elevator you would to get to Boma or Jiko. Just get off on floor 2 and go behind Victoria Falls Lounge and then go left. It is the same distance as going across the lobby.

You take the same elevator you would to get to Boma or Jiko. Just get off on floor 2 and go behind Victoria Falls Lounge and then go left. It is the same distance as going across the lobby.
Thanks! I've always gone to #1 when I got on that elevator. Since I was getting on at floor #3, it never occurred to me to wonder "Where would I be if I hit #2?"

Hello everyone,

I have an upcoming trip to WDW on Feb8th-15th 2025. We are family of four, my wife and I, and two boys. We will be staying at BWV

I will be able to leave work earlier on Friday 7th 2025 and I was able to book a flight for that day instead of Feb 8th. I would arrive in orlando around 10pm the night before the BWV check in.

The original plan was to just crash at a nearby hotel, however any decent hotel close to airport is at least $220ish or more. The Hyatt inside MCO is like $420.

I was able to find a seller willing to rent DVC points for a standard view studio for the night of Feb 7th . It would cost me around $270, so not bad.

Even though we would be getting at AKV only around 1030-11pm, I guess the price is not much higher than staying at a nearby airport hotel. I think it makes sense since we can just use bell services the next morning to transfer our luggage to BWV.

My questions are :
1. How easy is to get luggage transferred from one Disney resort to another? Is that something that happens earlier in the morning, later at night? Wondering how I should prepare in case we take advantage of the free water park admission on check in day followed by late afternoon park day

2. If we arrive at AKV around 1045-11pm, will anything be open at that time for us to grab dinner? Does not matter if it is QS or sit down restaurant. If nothing is open, what do you suggest?

Thanks

1. How easy is to get luggage transferred from one Disney resort to another? Is that something that happens earlier in the morning, later at night? Wondering how I should prepare in case we take advantage of the free water park admission on check in day followed by late afternoon park day
Transfers seem to happen in the later afternoon. Don't expect you bags to get to your new resort before 4 pm. Ease? You just have bell services come to get your luggage at the first resort in the morning. Then when you get to the next resort, call bell services hand have it delivered to your room.

How easy is to get luggage transferred from one Disney resort to another? Is that something that happens earlier in the morning, later at night? Wondering how I should prepare in case we take advantage of the free water park admission on check in day followed by late afternoon park day
If you want to start earlier in the morning you can drop off your luggage at Bell Services and not wait in your room for BS to pickup your luggage. The transfers happen after noon and as @OKW Lover indicated, don't expect your luggage transfer to be complete before 4-5 PM.

If you are taking advantage of the check-in free water park offer just plan to pack a small bag with you would need on Feb. 8th. Depending on the weather in Feb. you may end up not using to Water park offer. We always take a change of clothes and other items to our next resort and drop this bag for BS to hold, and then spend the early part of the day at a park.
If we arrive at AKV around 1045-11pm, will anything be open at that time for us to grab dinner? Does not matter if it is QS or sit down restaurant. If nothing is open, what do you suggest?
No food will be available at AKL unless you make it before 11 PM. The last option is Mara QS which has mobile order so if you hit the ALK Gate by 10::45 PM you could Mobile order.

Are you driving a car?

Dave

If you want to start earlier in the morning you can drop off your luggage at Bell Services and not wait in your room for BS to pickup your luggage. The transfers happen after noon and as @OKW Lover indicated, don't expect your luggage transfer to be complete before 4-5 PM.

If you are taking advantage of the check-in free water park offer just plan to pack a small bag with you would need on Feb. 8th. Depending on the weather in Feb. you may end up not using to Water park offer. We always take a change of clothes and other items to our next resort and drop this bag for BS to hold, and then spend the early part of the day at a park.

No food will be available at AKL unless you make it before 11 PM. The last option is Mara QS which has mobile order so if you hit the ALK Gate by 10::45 PM you could Mobile order.

Are you driving a car?

Dave

Thank you for your information.

We are either doing private transportation or Uber.

I pulled the trigger and got a standard view studio at AKV.
I might do the QS order at Mara

I pulled the trigger and got a standard view studio at AKV.
I might do the QS order at Mara
So it sounds like you'll be renting a standard view studio? Do you know if the room is in the Jambo House or in the Kidani side? I only ask because of your potential need for a very late QS order at The Mara, which is located in Jambo House. If your room is in Kidani, it could be a bit of a walk to get to The Mara for your food.

Well that limits your off site late night dining options. You might consider food delivery options to the resort.
So it sounds like you'll be renting a standard view studio? Do you know if the room is in the Jambo House or in the Kidani side? I only ask because of your potential need for a very late QS order at The Mara, which is located in Jambo House. If your room is in Kidani, it could be a bit of a walk to get to The Mara for your food.
As @thanxfornoticin posted double check where your Standard View Studio is located it could be at Jambo House or at Kidani (5 minute walk or shuttle bus between buildings).

I think that there are only 2 Deluxe Standard View Studios in Jumbo House so your odds are low but not Zero. However there are about a dozen "Value" Studios in Jumbo House. The bulk of the Deluxe Studios are in Kindani.

You will want to double check the name of the type of Studio your are renting, Value or Deluxe Studio.

Dave

correct, it is Kidani. I could ask to be dropped at Jambo, grab the food, and walk to Kidani

With private transport you usually can make arrangements for an intermediate stop, like at a grocery store or a fast food place etc. so that's also an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter