For those folks driving!

Oh one more thing, for those driving to/from the Grand Floridan. Serious constructions along the road fronting the new Polynesian Tower building. Sat for 15 minutes once. Sailed through other times. Chose to go north to get groceries and such in Windermere to avoid it.
We are local and have been dealing with that construction work for quite a wile now. You are right - sometimes is just a breeze. Other times not so much. Can't say we've ever experienced at 15 minute wait though.

We are local and have been dealing with that construction work for quite a wile now. You are right - sometimes is just a breeze. Other times not so much. Can't say we've ever experienced at 15 minute wait though.
Yea, May 2 about 9pm! traffic halted southbound just before 528 comes in. They reduced us to 1 lane AND the 528 westbound traffic had to fold into that ONE LANE!

Yea, May 2 about 9pm! traffic halted southbound just before 528 comes in. They reduced us to 1 lane AND the 528 westbound traffic had to fold into that ONE LANE!
That's not the area the PP was talking about.

I am second guessing myself like crazy in choosing a hotel for the ride home. (Drive there, I found a well-reviewed hotel in Santee)
Looking for a place in NC north of Fayetteville and south of Smithfield area. I thought I had found a great place in Fayetteville but it was 12 miles away from 95 and I know my DH won’t want to do that! There seem to be a lot of people saying to stay away from Fayetteville also, claiming it’s not safe. I just want clean, safe, comfortable/newish beds (have a bad back), free breakfast and I prefer no pets due to asthma, but if I can ask to be away from pet areas I am willing to stay if it is a well-reviewed place. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I am second guessing myself like crazy in choosing a hotel for the ride home. (Drive there, I found a well-reviewed hotel in Santee)
Looking for a place in NC north of Fayetteville and south of Smithfield area. I thought I had found a great place in Fayetteville but it was 12 miles away from 95 and I know my DH won’t want to do that! There seem to be a lot of people saying to stay away from Fayetteville also, claiming it’s not safe. I just want clean, safe, comfortable/newish beds (have a bad back), free breakfast and I prefer no pets due to asthma, but if I can ask to be away from pet areas I am willing to stay if it is a well-reviewed place. Any recommendations? Thanks!
We had a hard time finding a place too when needing to stop overnight. (I drive myself nuts too! :)
A few years back - and this one is off the highway like you describe- we stayed here due to high ratings and not too expensive.
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fayfn-fairfield-inn-and-suites-fayetteville-north/overview/
We didn't regret it though!
Looks like reviews are still good. I think it's been 2-3 years since we stayed here
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...eville_North-Fayetteville_North_Carolina.html

We had a hard time finding a place too when needing to stop overnight. (I drive myself nuts too! :)
A few years back - and this one is off the highway like you describe- we stayed here due to high ratings and not too expensive.
https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/fayfn-fairfield-inn-and-suites-fayetteville-north/overview/
We didn't regret it though!
Looks like reviews are still good. I think it's been 2-3 years since we stayed here
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...eville_North-Fayetteville_North_Carolina.html
That’s where I want to stay! I told my DH about it and he seems to agree that it might be worth it to go a bit out of our way. It also puts us a little closer to home the next day. Was the drive through Fayetteville to get there OK?

That’s where I want to stay! I told my DH about it and he seems to agree that it might be worth it to go a bit out of our way. It also puts us a little closer to home the next day. Was the drive through Fayetteville to get there OK?
It wasn't very hard, but a little off the beaten path. We were tired and it was very late, so got turned around a bit. The next morning seemed easy getting back on the highway and didn't take much time.

I just asked DH in case my memory was foggy but he agreed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter