A bachelor party, a wedding, and a birthday - That was an eventful week (Updated 5/23)

Wow I am impressed you went back for more!
I sure hope you feel better the next day!
Soft serve yum! I didn’t know they had that there!
I love MMRR and TSM!

I bet all that spinning on TSMM really did you in. But I'm glad you were able to power through and visit 3 of the 4 parks. That's no small feat!

I totally understand Scotty. I'm a Joey, too. My kids learned that by, like, age 3. :rotfl:

I had no idea Pop had soft serve, either. There's nothing like classic vanilla.

I’m joining in!

What a shame that you got sick right before your big trip. You held in there very well and were such a trooper! I love your coordinated shirts on your 4-parks day and glad you were able to have some fun despite how you felt. I hope you felt a whole lot better the following day.

And darn it, I forgot about the spinning on TSM! I don’t mind spinning so I didn’t even think about it… but my spin-adverse husband may not be a fan. I’ll have to keep this in mind on our Hollywood Studios day.

Wow I am impressed you went back for more!
I sure hope you feel better the next day!
Soft serve yum! I didn’t know they had that there!
I love MMRR and TSM!
Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about the soft serve at Pop. And yeah...I had to go back for more. My momma didn't raise no quitters! Ok, actually, it's the strong feeling of guilt about not being there for Scotty's whole day that had me up and out.
I bet all that spinning on TSMM really did you in. But I'm glad you were able to power through and visit 3 of the 4 parks. That's no small feat!

I totally understand Scotty. I'm a Joey, too. My kids learned that by, like, age 3. :rotfl:

I had no idea Pop had soft serve, either. There's nothing like classic vanilla.
Ahh...the Joey's of the world. Gotta love them. Are you kids that way too?

Ok, now that more of us didn't know about the soft serve at Pop, I'm thinking it must be relatively new. I hope it stays though. Somehow, I always crave soft serve at Disney and I almost never get it. Now I can pick it up at my resort. Unless, of course, I accidentally go to Petals first and get a Pina Colava.
I’m joining in!

What a shame that you got sick right before your big trip. You held in there very well and were such a trooper! I love your coordinated shirts on your 4-parks day and glad you were able to have some fun despite how you felt. I hope you felt a whole lot better the following day.

And darn it, I forgot about the spinning on TSM! I don’t mind spinning so I didn’t even think about it… but my spin-adverse husband may not be a fan. I’ll have to keep this in mind on our Hollywood Studios day.
Welcome!!! And yeah...TSM spinning. I always forget how much spinning there is. Of course, I think it FELT like more this particular day.

Day Two - Part One
Lindsey and Stacy Day

Tuesday was set to be just a Lindsey and Stacy day. Scotty had to do in-law stuff and also pick up some wedding guests from the airport. Lindsey's husband didn't arrive until late afternoon Wednesday so we originally planned this day to be just the 2 girls, hitting the parks. Lindsey and I have been meeting up for trips in Disney since 2018 or 2019 I think. We were really looking forward to this day because it may be the last time for a while - Lindsey recently got married and bought a house and she and her husband are getting ready to start trying for kids. It's so weird that here I am...the old lady of the group and both Scotty and Lindsey's former professor and both of them are now married and homeowners while I continue my single carefree life. Well, someone has to be the adultier adult I guess. :rotfl2:

Our plan for today was to start at Hollywood Studios with a ressie for Oga's at 1:30. We might park hop after that and then we were going to meet up with her mom and sister that evening for dinner at City Works in Disney Springs. For as long as I have known Lindsey, I've never actually met her mom and her sister. Since we were all together in Disney for the first time, Lindsey's mom said "I want to meet Stacy. She's been an important person in your life for 10 years and we've never actually met." I was in!

We got up really early so we could do early entry and bought LL for the day. I think our first LL reservation was for Falcon. I still wasn't feeling right. The cold seemed to be getting better but I was still super nauseous. Lindsey grabbed a breakfast bar and packed some snacks for later. And then she looked at me and said "Pack a snack. You might get hungry at some point." Right...good plan. I made some Spark and grabbed an extra water and off we went to the Skyliner.

The line for the Skyliner was pretty long this morning...back to the middle of the 2nd building I think but it always moves fast. We were on it and over to the transfer at Carribean Beach probably in 20 minutes of getting in line. And this is where we found another indicator of lower crowds...we were able to walk straight over to the Studios line and get right on a gondola. Any time I have ever gone, I have ALWAYS had to get in another line at CB and wait to get on the Studios section. Usually that line wraps around and down the ramp. I said something about this to Lindsey and she said "Shhh...don't jinx us." Point taken, friend.

I think we tapped in to the park about 5 minutes before early entry actually started. We headed to Rise and on the way, noticed it was down. After a brief discussion, we decided to head that way anyway. Maybe it just hadn't opened yet?? We got there and they were letting people in so we jumped in line and started going through the long que. We never stopped moving until we got to the point where they separate you into groups. As always, the Empire officers recognized a fellow villain and came over to talk to me. And, as always, I pointed out a traitor to the Empire in another group. Because, us villains have to stick together! When we got into the first pre-show room, BB-8 was clearly stalling for time. Lindsey leaned over and said "Rey must not be working. Maybe that's why they weren't up right away." But, after like 3 minutes of just watching BB-8 roll around, Rey finally appeared. My guess is they were stalling to get caught up in the next pre-show room. Anyway, overall the ride was successful and I wasn't bothered by dizziness. Success!!!

We checked wait times and saw that Slinky was only at 30 minutes so we headed that way. Why is that que so HOT??? Even Lindsey got warm enough to take off her long sleeve shirt. We probably waited the full 30 minutes but got on. I do love this ride but I will never wait in a long line for it. Unfortunately, the dizziness came back on this ride. Come on Disney gods...throw me a bone here. Anyway, once we got off, I needed to sit for a bit and drink some water. Lindsey noticed that Swirling Saucers was only a 20 minute wait and she really likes that ride. No way was I going to do a spinning ride. But, this was a win/win. Lindsey could go ride and I would sit in this nice, shady spot I found and people watch. I love to people watch at Disney and can entertain myself for hours so Lindsey jumped in line and I started silently judging people's outfits and footwear choices.

Up next: Do we make it to more than 1 park? Do we make it to Disney Springs for dinner?

My kind of day! 😂
Right? And I'm not dumb. I'm sure there are other people there who are looking at me and judging. And to that I say "Well played." And to be clear - I'm only doing outfits and shoes. Never, never any kind of body judgement. But come on...who decided that HEELS were the thing to wear to a park all day??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter