Survivor 46

I wasn't completely disappointed with who won. I was more hoping Charlie would. Both played a good game though and for different reasons. Ben was that tag-a-long cast member who was really unlikely to get any votes but I will say the impressions at least through editing was that even though he represented that kind of player it also wasn't as if he wasn't in the game meaning he was still playing he was still aligning with people and adjusting as necessary and doing well enough at challenges, he just wasn't ever going to present a strong enough case compared to others.

With Maria's reasoning during the after show, then reading her interview and Charlie's interview it more solidifies that she will use people when it suits her. I do think it's a lame excuse to talk about seeing Kenzie's determination at that exact moment or to use woman player and "she did it for her" reasons. I think at the core of it she was bitter that Charlie took her out, maybe the whole Liz stepping in to help Kenzie beforehand deepened that feeling like it was taken from her and it was easier to pin all that feeling onto Charlie. Then again maybe she was never going to vote for him unless she was confronted with Liz and Ben instead or something like that.

I appreciated that Charlie spoke more about her flip flopping her reasons over time. At least in the interviews Maria is painting herself this great person who she kept up a bond with Uncle Charlie, the kids love him, etc meanwhile his version seems more realistic in how the after effects settled.

I think Ben could have gotten at least one vote if he'd mentioned that he won when it counted. He got the last immunity, which is everything. He played his social game and then stepped up when he needed to ensure his spot in the finale. If he'd said that either in his speech or when they asked about his greatest move, I think he would have done better.

Charlie should have won. I will say, though, he showed that he will become a good lawyer. He didn't blurt out an angry diatribe when he was clearly upset by the votes. He took a moment, thought and then gave koodos to everyone. And he said that thing about the jury being always right. I just thought maybe that was an echo from one of his law teachers, but it served him well in this instance, for sure.

DH said it would be Kenzie once we heard her sob story. It sucks that that was the reason. You know what, Kenzie? You had it hard but you voted out the person who had it even harder than you... Bhanu had a true sob story of growing up in poverty in India. It's almost as if she had to make herself the most needy of the people remaining. She had so many other reasons that could have been given to win, but that's the one that gets her the money? Essentially, it felt like she begged.

Also, she said she would have put herself to fire making, had she won, but she did not want to do the fire making that night and wasn't sure she would succeed. Maybe she was lying to herself about her skills, or maybe she was just lying to the jury because she needed to seem brave.

I'm not unhappy she won, because she did do stuff and had to survive the tribal losses in the first part of the game, but I think Charlie deserved the win more.

The game is to Outwit, Outplay, Outlast not a pity party of who needs the money the most. Maria screwed Charlie over and he should have won. To me Maria came off as a bitter person because she got got first. Her reasoning for voting for Kenzie was ridiculous and hypocritical. She never mentioned that Kenzie and Liz teamed up to beat her and she most likely would have won that challenge except for them. Wasn’t really a fan of this season because of the stupid, stupid cast that played clueless to what was going on in tribals and five fools left with idols. Charlie played the best game and should have won. Hopefully he’ll get a chance to play again.

I think Ben could have gotten at least one vote if he'd mentioned that he won when it counted. He got the last immunity, which is everything. He played his social game and then stepped up when he needed to ensure his spot in the finale. If he'd said that either in his speech or when they asked about his greatest move, I think he would have done better.

I liked Ben, but I think the only possible vote he could have got was from Maria (out of spite) and that would only be if Ben, Charlie and Liz were the final 3 instead of Kenzie.

DH said it would be Kenzie once we heard her sob story. It sucks that that was the reason. You know what, Kenzie? You had it hard but you voted out the person who had it even harder than you... Bhanu had a true sob story of growing up in poverty in India. It's almost as if she had to make herself the most needy of the people remaining. She had so many other reasons that could have been given to win, but that's the one that gets her the money? Essentially, it felt like she begged.

If people were torn between Kenzie and Charlie, I can see how Kenzie’s answer may have swayed someone towards voting for her. But I thought Kenzie just gave a real, honest answer at the end. It didn’t come across as a sob story to me.

Did it sway Maria though? No. I don’t think so. She was never going to vote to make Charlie the winner. She was way too bitter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter