Scooter rental in Port Canaveral

TwinsDadG

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We're set to sail on the Treasure on March 15, 2025. We're DCL veterans but we're bringing my mother-in-law with us for her first ever (!!) cruise. She has mobility issues so we've already booked her an accessible cabin and now are looking into renting a scooter for her. Any recommendations on agencies that work well with DCL? Ones that deliver to/pick up from Disney's terminal at Port Canaveral? She called ScootAround and they said they could deliver to "pier 1" at Port Canaveral or to our hotel the day before? Any thoughts on ScootAround?

Thanks so much!!

Special Needs at Sea or Scoot-a-round. We've gotten great response from Special Needs on our last couple cruises, Scoot-a-round used to be our go to, but I think their customer service has gone down a couple notches.

DCL uses Terminal 8 not 1.

Special Needs at Sea or Scoot-a-round. We've gotten great response from Special Needs on our last couple cruises, Scoot-a-round used to be our go to, but I think their customer service has gone down a couple notches.
Thanks! And is it standard that the rental is delivered to your hotel in advance? Where do you then return it after the cruise?

No, a hotel delivery is not the standard, usually they have it in your cabin on the ship and that is where you leave it. We did a hotel delivery in San Diego with Scoot-a-round, which was an extra charge, then we just left it in our cabin on the ship.

Thanks! And what’s the plan for embarkation day? Are there regular wheelchairs available at the terminal until she can get to her stateroom?

Will she be bringing her own mobility device? If not and she’ll need assistance in the terminal and boarding, be sure to inform DCL.

ETA you may want to plan your arrival to be closer to 1:30-2:00pm when guests can access staterooms. Or see if DCL allows the rental delivery to a more accessible location if arriving/boarding earlier.

Last edited:
we're in the same situation - treasure in april 2025 and will need a scooter for my father. we have a accessible room at the rear of the ship. the rental companies deliver directly to the room rather than to the port? given the long walk to reach the cabin, we were hoping to have it for boarding....we can always have him sit in the lobby while one of us goes to the room and drives it back to him, but is there any company with an option for us to have it sooner? will the scooter definitely be in the room as soon as it is ready or is there a chance it wouldn't arrive until later (for example, we know luggage won't necessarily be there right away or even before dinner).

we're in the same situation - treasure in april 2025 and will need a scooter for my father. we have a accessible room at the rear of the ship. the rental companies deliver directly to the room rather than to the port? given the long walk to reach the cabin, we were hoping to have it for boarding....we can always have him sit in the lobby while one of us goes to the room and drives it back to him, but is there any company with an option for us to have it sooner? will the scooter definitely be in the room as soon as it is ready or is there a chance it wouldn't arrive until later (for example, we know luggage won't necessarily be there right away or even before dinner).
We have never "NOT" had the scooter in the cabin on time. You should be able to use a DCL wheelchair to get him to the cabin, and remember you have the same situation when you get off the ship.

Hi all! We're set to sail on the Treasure on March 15, 2025. We're DCL veterans but we're bringing my mother-in-law with us for her first ever (!!) cruise. She has mobility issues so we've already booked her an accessible cabin and now are looking into renting a scooter for her. Any recommendations on agencies that work well with DCL? Ones that deliver to/pick up from Disney's terminal at Port Canaveral? She called ScootAround and they said they could deliver to "pier 1" at Port Canaveral or to our hotel the day before? Any thoughts on ScootAround?

Thanks so much!!
I had some huge problems more with Disney than the scooter company.
My mom was uncharacteristically weakened from the travel from the hotel to port. Bus was the wrong choice for her to use physically, though better financially. Lesson learned: use a car not buses that have deep physically challenging steps.
Once she got off the bus, she was without any wheelchair to get her to the ship. She was told by Disney employee there was nothing there to help her. There is no wheelchair that she knows about. But that she would have to leave the bus drop off area and get on the ship to get help. Not what I expected as an answer from Disney.
The scooter company said her scooter would be in the cabin. Disney said we couldn’t go to the cabin till 2:30. That didn’t leave us anyway to get her to lunch and now she is hungry and exhausted and having a hard time moving.
Thankfully, I was able to run into the building to the elevator and ask for a supervisor that could find a wheelchair that could get her from the parking lot to the ship. But they wanted us to give them back their chair. I understand that. I wouldn’t be expect them to have more than one or two wheelchairs available there.
We couldn’t go through the receiving/announcement line and sat at the chairs just inside the atrium. The magic was kind of gone anyways. I stood in line at customer service to find out about the ability to get her scooter and wheelchair before 2:30 from the cabin. They told me I could go up and look for them. I was thankful. Until I got to the room which did not have a wheelchair or scooter in it. Ugh.
I got back in the customer service line and found a CM that borrowed us a wheelchair with my ID and $50 deposit until our things showed up from the rental company.

She told me to look down by enchanted garden and see if there was a wheelchair with my mother’s name on it and there was so we took that.
Ugh I forgot to hit send weeks ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter