Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Bobbi glad the Phillies won and Donald, sorry the Astros lost. I do have vague memories of YEARS ago going with my close Houston cousins, grandma, and dad to the old Astrodome. Dodgers and Reds have no score in the 4th. Footballmouse, I hope the Reds do well and also of course the Dodgers out here⚾

There was only one time we went to an Astros game at the Astrodome, and that was in the summer of ‘77, a year after we moved back to Texas from No Cal.
It was fun, and the Astrodome was still pretty cool back then…!!! 🙂

Good Sunday morning. 61 now, going to be sunny and 81 later. Warming up to 90 again by the middle of the week.
Going to try and get all the yard work done today, hopefully.

Just got, had a hard time falling asleep last night.
Nothing new here.

Have a nice day

View attachment 861082

Hope you have a nice day, as well…!!! 🙂

I rarely get more than 4-5 hours of sleep a night, and it’s been that way for years, yet, somehow, I’m still able to function.
Maybe you can get a short nap in between tasks…!

Last edited:
View attachment 861118
View attachment 861120
They had a problem, but nothing like some of their friends.

Oh my…!!! 😟
I hope it all gets repaired soon…!

ETA…
One of my BILs and his wife live down in Houston. Sounds like the only issues they had was a loss of power for a, relatively, short period of time, and the wind kept blowing their back door in.
Scary stuff though, and the downtown area is a mess.

Last edited:
Very sad. Another house in their area.

View attachment 861140
Such a shame.

DS works in oil, and the oil field he is responsible for is unfortunately under water and has been for a week.

Traditionally, Houston gets an inordinate amount of rain. There are many bayous that get flooded periodically.

Wow.
It’s better the tree fell mostly on the SUV than mostly on the house, but obviously it would have been best if it fell in the street.
And yes, Houston has had much flooding over the years, but this is the first time I can remember them having straight-line winds like that when a hurricane wasn’t involved.

Hugs and extra prayers to all who live and have family in Houston. Dad and I have close cousins who live there. I remember visiting my cousins and beloved grandma when she lived out there many years ago. Houston sure can have some crazy weather. Please stay safe dear friends wherever you are, you know that:hug:

Donald, that sounds like a fun game⚾💤prayers to you, my friend. As I have shared, due to all I am going through feet wise, my own sleep cycle is out of whack. I am truly blessed with all rest and to be able to catch up on sleep during the day. I sure can empathize that being tired yet not falling asleep is no fun.

Quiet Sunday. I'm looking forward to watching online worship a little later when I'm more awake. Have a great afternoon, friends.

Wow.
It’s better the tree fell mostly on the SUV than mostly on the house, but obviously it would have been best if it fell in the street.
And yes, Houston has had much flooding over the years, but this is the first time I can remember them having straight-line winds like that when a hurricane wasn’t involved.
I'm out of the loop because of being quite busy as well as ill the last few days.

But straight-line winds can be something else. One year they tore down my street, uprooting trees, blowing stuff around and knocking out power, with a tree in my front being the culprit for our immediate area. My house was surrounded by downed lines and I had to leave through the backyard and use a neighbors walk to get out front.

Meanwhile, a plastic lawn chair had been sitting on top of a small picnic table, where I put it up while I had mowed grass. It was still sitting there, about 50 feet from the street as if the wind out front had never happened.

Anyway, that experience and others taught me that big old oaks, pines, and maples sitting close to houses or cars is not a good plan. I now have only ornamental trees such as crape myrtle, japanese maple, quince, plum and lilac around my house. Closer to the street leyland cypress but we trim them to about 20 feet tall each year. Total trees removed that could have crushed my house equal 8. I love trees. My neighbor begged me to cut one on my property that could have creamed either of us. They weren't offering to help pay so eventually I saved the money to get it done.

Meanwhile there is still a 30 year old maple that is a problem on my other neighbor's side. It used to be mine and started as a seed when I owned that property and I allowed it to grow. It covers my deck in 'stuff' this time of year and then leaves in fall, plus later on will be a serious threat in wild weather. One of my 'younger me' mistakes. I could have transplanted it to the back where it could flourish and I could enjoy it, far enough away from any possibility of damage. Live and learn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter