I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

It’s Florence and should be avoided at all costs, esp on a large plane. BA is only able to land there a few days a week and when they can’t they re-route to Pisa and bus passengers to Florence. But I was super unlucky and after the worst ever attempted landing in a storm (in Pisa) and we had to land in Rome. We sat on the tarmac in Rome for several hours unable to leave the plane. It was a horrible experience and one that I won’t ever repeat. Bologna is a much better airport from what the staff at my hotel related to me. I’m leaving from Bologna in the fall and will be able to report back.
To offer a counterpoint, I have flown into and out of Florence a couple dozen times on KLM and several on Air France and never had an issue. The tram from the airport to the city center is extraordinarily cheap and convenient.

Bologna is a slightly better airport, but then you’re in Bologna.

Hi I have a couple questions regarding those experienced with using Euros. Putting final
touches for upcoming trip. Last time we were on a Europe trip 10 years ago I ended up with too
many euros left over and had a friend buy them.

Now for a 10 day cruise and 3 land days how much should I get? Doing 6 guided tours. So do we tip them and how much? Same with taxis. Plan to use a Visa with no foreign transaction fees for meals. Have a
coworker who just got back and she said she tipped 2 or 3 euros MAX for meals and tours/taxis. That seems
rather low. Thank you for your help!

*starting in Barcelona and ending in Rome

The tipping culture in Europe isn't the same as North America. However I have found that tour guides tend to expect tips from North American customers. I'd tip per person in your group, for a private group. If you're on a small group tour don't feel obligated to tip unless you were very pleased with the tour. I always tip, but most people, at least from what I've seen, tend to walk away and not tip.

Some restaurants in parts of Europe will add a 10% service fee, so check the bill before you tip. If it has already been added, you don't need to tip. Some people will round up the bill to the nearest dollar, but I usually leave a good tip, especially if the service was good (which is important to me as a solo traveler).

Most taxis take payment by card and again, don't feel obligated to tip. I will usually round up to the nearest dollar and add a few dollars in coins from my pocket, depending on how much the ride cost. I almost always take public transit when I'm in Europe, so tend to be generous when I tip taxis because it's usually due to bad weather or when I'm especially exhausted.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

FWIW, my mom kept a number of my dad's accounts open for a few years after he passed and 10 years later some utilities and other accounts still list him as primary.
Wow interesting. I was thinking they might figure it out by the steep decrease in spend but maybe not. I have to think about what bills are in his name…

Wow interesting. I was thinking they might figure it out by the steep decrease in spend but maybe not. I have to think about what bills are in his name…

I wouldn't. How many of us sock drawer a card after meeting a sub or decide to do the 15k spend for a fnc on a card we rarely use and then sock drawer again when done.

The inactivity issue would be the same for sock drawer cards.

We still occasionally get mail for my grandpa (she did a fwd address to our house when he passed so not even an address they should have for him) who's been gone 17 years and my stepdad who's been gone almost 10 despite notifying places and all that. Our city still sends the sewer bill to my mom and stepdad even with everything being changed. Some stuff just doesn't get notified.

!!!!!! Ok Has anyone had this happen? I'm checking Dh's IHG acct, and I see a PAID stay from February that WASN'T us??? Should I call and clarify with IHG? or leave it b/c it seems to have been paid with a cc etc.....and I dug around and found the 'thank you for staying' email that I missed! :scared: They even added some points for a paid stay...wwyd?

And This is my 2nd time renting a car thru chase portal...I got a fun 'sruprise' last time with the extra fee charged on top of points, now I"m looking again and every option adds at least $50 to the booking...is this the new norm? I don't like it

I’ve been watching for a Holland offer! I booked a cruise with them in February and my final payment date isn’t until November. The terms of the offer state that you have to book it after May 17 though. I’m wondering if the offer will still work for me or if I’m going to have to bother with canceling and rebooking. Anyone have an idea about this?

I haven't done HA either, but have done the offers for NCL, RCCL, and Carnival. They all say the same thing, but paying down the cruise works because the charge comes from reservations just like the deposit. I did a quick search in the Cruise Critic forum and looks like HA should work as well.

Other things such as excursions or OBC is trickier because different cruise lines charge them differently. I know that Carnival excursions don't work because the charge goes through the Fun Shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter