Disappointing Adult Cruise On The Dream

Don’t shoot the messenger, but I’ve been told by 30 year olds that their experience on VV was more like an upscale carnival crowd, very clubby at night, some risqué outfit choices and could tell there was some of the pineapple crowd. They did not enjoy the cruise. I only cruise DCL.
I read a TON of VV reviews. This mirrors a lot of what I heard from people who sailed (not bloggers or YouTubers, but regular folks who sailed other lines; paid full fare and were posting their trip reports on the CruiseCritic forum.)

The heavy LGBTQ+ demographics, bigger pineapple crowd presence, etc. is all totally cool with me- I like that everyone feels free to do their thing, as long as I can go my own way too. Bonus: sounds like great people watching lol.

But it's the other stuff that concerns me. For example: heard it can be tough securing restaurant slots unless you're a RockStar status with early ressie privileges or have a savvy travel agent. Many wrote that they were stuck eating in the food court every night because reservations were full. Many mentioned a very tiny public pool compared to other cruiselines and how packed it always was.

I'd really like to try VV and probably will at some point: just not sure it'll be a good fit for us. It's a lot of money to risk when other, more traditional choices abound.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter