DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

Was your camera angle all different? Mine had the camera in the upper corner looking down on her so you could see other background drops but not people. Weird how it made it feel less personal vs the old looking right at you set up. Suspect they had to revamp/move the setup when they brought on so many more agents.

With your CM saying they can’t see prior approvals and mine not mentioning it once yesterday it sounds like they cleared the application system of the old history of approvals. Which would be logical so CMs can’t use that as a shortcut for the new system. If this is so it will be a few months before we know if they’re starting a new history this team can see or if they’re not gonna allow these CMs to see that part.
My young adult dd did her DAS call last night (9:30)—no autism or DD. Took 10 minutes total for approval and to choose rides for each day (!!) After approval the CM mentioned that she could see dd’s prior approval and asked if she had any questions about how DAS works. And this is weird—she said dd’s DAS would be good for 30 days when dd has a 7day pass and dh/I have APs. She said things would be changing but to request DAS for the next trip bc approval will be on a case-by-case basis.

Dd is so glad she’s able to have DAS for this trip. It makes managing her needs so much easier while still being able to ride 4 or 5 things a day.

Had my call this AM- took 8 minutes.
More questions than in the past and was told they cannot see that I had qualified many times previously (I call bologna slices!)
What a polite way to call it :p
He was def in a call center (had weird "wings" behind him that did not completely hide the view of his coworkers bustling about).
Lime green?
Weird how it made it feel less personal vs the old looking right at you set up. Suspect they had to revamp/move the setup when they brought on so many more agents.
TBH, found it quite distracting. Reminded me of giant pop-up laundry baskets of all things. Likely, the exact opposite of any possible calming intent.

At the risk of verging OT…Just for giggles, googled the color’s psychology:

Being a dominant color in nature, green is associated with vegetation, harmony, and peace. As a harmonizing, balancing and calming shade, green is sometimes portrayed as a sanctuary away from the stresses of our everyday lives. According to color psychology, green’s calming effects may be due to its associations with the natural world, which people often find relaxing and refreshing, and it provides them with a sense of security.

The guy I talked to Friday was also in a call center. He was in a cubicle and I could see a sea of cubicles beyond him.

He didn't offer me pre-selects and then end of our call was very abrupt. So yesterday I jumped back in the chat and did pre-selects for my trip no problem. Though I had to choose register in the chat instead of planning in order to actually speak to someone. When I'd choose planning it would direct me to the web page and tell me to have a magical day. 😆

Who’s excited for tomorrow?!? Trying to look at it as a new beginning with fresh prospects for accommodation and not a time of FUD.

I’m remembering 30 days ago when we thought we’d have the answers, only to find we had to wait 30 more days! Then it seemed like forever - but here we are on the eve of change.

Wishing all patience and understanding as we embark on this new (revised) path. 💓

Good morning all! Last of the old DAS. Had my call this AM- took 8 minutes.
More questions than in the past and was told they cannot see that I had qualified many times previously (I call bologna slices!)
Non developmental disability and was approved.
He was def in a call center (had weird "wings" behind him that did not completely hide the view of his coworkers bustling about).
I wished him good luck tomorrow and we chatted a few seconds about how at least people will have some answers finally. He did say more information will come out tomorrow but I don't know if he meant official Disney info or just people going through the process and reporting back.
I don't have another trip until December so the dust will have settled by then and I can see if I qualify or if there are alternates for me!
The CM I spoke to on April 27th, was also in a call center. There were dark blue- not navy- curtains in the background. A grouchy looking woman walked into the call room from behind the curtains. Have to admit she kind of scared me and I hoped she wouldn't speak to my person while I was on the phone, lol.

My CM the other day had the green pop up behind, too. Fun fact: those are the same little pop up huts PhotoPass photogs use on the runDisney courses. I’d love to know if the ones the DAS CMs are using have the rD branding on them or are plain! I didn’t a rD logo on it in my call, but only the top 1/4 of the pop up was showing.

Who’s excited for tomorrow?!? Trying to look at it as a new beginning with fresh prospects for accommodation and not a time of FUD.

I’m remembering 30 days ago when we thought we’d have the answers, only to find we had to wait 30 more days! Then it seemed like forever - but here we are on the eve of change.

Wishing all patience and understanding as we embark on this new (revised) path. 💓
I am very curious to know what is going to happen after tomorrow for sure!

I’m sure we will find out more tomorrow, but it'll be actual Disney cast members doing the interviews for the new DAS, correct? I think there was some confusion about a third party possibly doing them.

It is a nervous time for sure - but I am excited for real concrete information tomorrow! I am happy for those who have been able to book their trips thus far.

Just want to give one last thanks to the mods for helping us keep a level head and keeping this thread on a good path on the eve of these changes!

Last edited:
My CM the other day had the green pop up behind, too. Fun fact: those are the same little pop up huts PhotoPass photogs use on the runDisney courses. I’d love to know if the ones the DAS CMs are using have the rD branding on them or are plain! I didn’t a rD logo on it in my call, but only the top 1/4 of the pop up was showing.
Haha I knew I saw those somewhere! I could see a little over half, the camera angle was from up in the air vs more of straight on as in the p ast. Trying to remember, think the huts were predominantly blue the last race, seemed sturdy.

I will be watching for any reports on bathroom issues/passes to see if that's worth pursuing for myself for our trip. I recently had colon surgery (will be about 8 weeks out) and still having a bit of urgency and and need to do cleanup after. This was meant to be a birthday/honeymoon trip so we're not hitting the park hard, but does put a big damper on the trip.

I will be watching for any reports on bathroom issues/passes to see if that's worth pursuing for myself for our trip. I recently had colon surgery (will be about 8 weeks out) and still having a bit of urgency and and need to do cleanup after. This was meant to be a birthday/honeymoon trip so we're not hitting the park hard, but does put a big damper on the trip.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Excited? No. A little nauseous? Yes.

My video chat is Tuesday and I am so worried about the first hand reports that will come tomorrow. I might have to stay off disboards and social media until after I request my DAS and just see how it goes.

My video chat is Tuesday and I am so worried about the first hand reports that will come tomorrow. I might have to stay off disboards and social media until after I request my DAS and just see how it goes.
Hope all goes well for you.

I'd be in a tizzy just make FP back in the day, my DD would have to make them, my heart would be pounding. And I'm not the one asking about a DAS. Glad our iffy maybe trip is months away. I'm making all the plans but once had to cancel 2 days before trip and the other DH was cleared a week before the make up trip. So anything could happen before we go.

Hugs, I can imagine because when it was first announced I thought the new DAS rules would affect our trip next week. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter