any downside to having Palo on your first night?

They used to be made aware of Palo/Remy reservations before covid. Now I find more and more like that's not the case any more. Maybe for first night but even, then not always.
I thought I was losing my mind, but they always seemed to know where everyone was. My last cruise was late February 2020, literally right before Covid. It my kid's winter break and he went back to school a couple of days before everything shut down.

🤔

On a decision tree, which option sounds better: give newbies the standard rotation menus (puts Palo on Night 1) or a dinner plan of your own making? How important is it to try all the dining rooms + menus?

We all have our own styles. What do you want to do? It’s your birthday.

Is there something besides Palo that would make it special? An adult evening in Keys without having to check on your kid? Or lounge hopping?

Personally after 31(almost 32 in August). I will never book Palo Dinner the first Night. I enjoy meeting servers and Tablemates if we have them.

I’m doing my Palo Dinner, on pirate night, hopefully like other cruises fireworks are later, but if not it’s worth missing

Are you planning to board early? Once you are in the terminal you will see in the app for when the fireworks are scheduled. Then you can go to the Palo reservations table and talk to them. If they can’t move your reservation to pirates night I would keep the first night. Start the cruise on a high note, don’t have it on top of the brunch and not when you are starting to maybe get a bit bored by the standard multi course dinners. Just make your travel mates aware that this is the special meal and the following evenings will be less special.

Are you planning to board early? Once you are in the terminal you will see in the app for when the fireworks are scheduled. Then you can go to the Palo reservations table and talk to them. If they can’t move your reservation to pirates night I would keep the first night. Start the cruise on a high note, don’t have it on top of the brunch and not when you are starting to maybe get a bit bored by the standard multi course dinners. Just make your travel mates aware that this is the special meal and the following evenings will be less special.
I think what I decided after much angst was to do the other way around - I was able to get Palo for the 4 of us on Pirate night even at this late date so I snagged that and I feel like it would be easier to swap to first night if I have to. I already have to go see them to try to get our travelmates added to the brunch reservation but right now there are dinners available every night so I SHOULD have some latitude to move things around if I need to.
But with sunset at 8:15 10 days from the solstice I think I am pretty safe fireworks won't be going off at 8!

I AM planning to board early due to the brunch situation.

Personally after 31(almost 32 in August). I will never book Palo Dinner the first Night. I enjoy meeting servers and Tablemates if we have them.

I’m doing my Palo Dinner, on pirate night, hopefully like other cruises fireworks are later, but if not it’s worth missing
I ultimately decided to book it on Pirates night and believe in the fact that Disney is not shooting off fireworks 15 minutes before sunset!

I think what I decided after much angst was to do the other way around - I was able to get Palo for the 4 of us on Pirate night even at this late date so I snagged that and I feel like it would be easier to swap to first night if I have to. I already have to go see them to try to get our travelmates added to the brunch reservation but right now there are dinners available every night so I SHOULD have some latitude to move things around if I need to.
But with sunset at 8:15 10 days from the solstice I think I am pretty safe fireworks won't be going off at 8!

I AM planning to board early due to the brunch situation.
Sounds like the perfect plan! Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

I ultimately decided to book it on Pirates night and believe in the fact that Disney is not shooting off fireworks 15 minutes before sunset!
Nice I think I’d need be would to easy to move to another night if you wanted to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter